THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Groundhog66

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Tim
I have gotten a couple versions, both of which turned brittle and fell apart. Can you suggest one that is durable?

I have the genuine Weber cover. My current one is a couple years old. I wash it every few months while I'm washing the car, and spray it with a Meguair's protectant similar to Armour-All. It still looks like new. It is outside 24/7.

CD

I had the Weber cover, and a generic. Both were kinda gray plastic, and ended up getting brittle from the sun and crackling apart.

Tim, Weber has two covers (last time I checked anyways). One is cheap and the other was about $10 more. Get the more $$$ one, it's much thicker and better quality. I've had mine a few years now and it looks as good as the day I got it. It's outside uncovered 24/7.

Yep, spend the bucks on the more expensive Weber cover and take care of it and your good to go. I have one on my 22 in kettle that is going on 5 years old and looks brand new!

Big Lot's had a yr end clearance last fall, had the cheapie generic ones 50% off the $7.99 price. I bought 2, figure if I get 2-3 yrs out of each one I'm still ahead.
Also watch Armorall on some plastic, vinyl products. I bought a new Tonneau cover for my truck last yr, the installers said to never use Armoral on it, something about it dries the product out.

Scott

if i get serious about a cover i get them made by an upholstery shop. they use boat cover material. that lasts forever.

Tim, Weber has two covers (last time I checked anyways). One is cheap and the other was about $10 more. Get the more $$$ one, it's much thicker and better quality. I've had mine a few years now and it looks as good as the day I got it. It's outside uncovered 24/7.

Yeah, mine is thick, black and very flexible, even in cold weather. Like I said, I wash it and spray a protectant on it a few times a year, and it is doing fine, even in North Texas weather conditions.

CD

Back