THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks killer, I don't know much about the do's and dont's rules of brisket but I would order up one. When I go to my local deli I have the pastrami with cole slaw, Swiss cheese and thousand island dressing . Usually eat those bad boys standing with the Cali lean, that is to avoid the fallout from the Sammie :icon_smile_tongue:
Looks like today might be another go at brisket.:twitch:

Looks delicious!! I too have been finishing off some brisket on sammies this week. although i usually load em up with some horseradish sauce. Love me some horseradish. Now im really hungry. Good thing lunch will be here soon.

Great looking sandwich, and I'm definitely going to try that slaw recipe.
Coleslaw on a brisket sandwich gets my thumbs up, but then I've been known to put potato salad on mine...

Looks killer, I don't know much about the do's and dont's rules of brisket but I would order up one. When I go to my local deli I have the pastrami with cole slaw, Swiss cheese and thousand island dressing . Usually eat those bad boys standing with the Cali lean, that is to avoid the fallout from the Sammie :icon_smile_tongue:
Looks like today might be another go at brisket.:twitch:

Do - Eat the brisket. Eat a LOT of brisket.
Don't - leave any brisket on your plate. It's a capital offense in some areas.

Thanks....I really appreciate it. However, since it's fat cap up...I'm not interested..:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: j/k

I'd thank that twice if I could. I grinned a bit. Yessir, I did. :mrgreen:

Very nice Guerry I do need to try your slaw May be to much vinegar for my wife and son Where did you get that tool for the slaw

QVC

http://www.qvc.com/Genius-9-Cup-8-Pi...sc=K38683-CSWB

:thumb:

Dude, I've been making your slaw for a while now but I never knew you were supposed to chop it up in little pieces. I always just shredded it. I really can't believe in all this time I've never seen you post a picture of your slaw before.

New rule. More slaw, less undie photos.

The sammie looks fantastic btw. :thumb:

Great looking sandwich, and I'm definitely going to try that slaw recipe.
Coleslaw on a brisket sandwich gets my thumbs up, but then I've been known to put potato salad on mine...

OK, sweet and tangy or savory tater salad? I can see this working. I used to eat potato chip and american cheese with mustard sammiches when I was a kid...

Dude, I've been making your slaw for a while now but I never knew you were supposed to chop it up in little pieces. I always just shredded it. I really can't believe in all this time I've never seen you post a picture of your slaw before.

New rule. More slaw, less undie photos.

The sammie looks fantastic btw. :thumb:

Actually, I have, but not in a looooong while and never chopped this fine because I couldn't achieve it by hand. However, yep. I prefer a finely ground cabbage in a slaw and now I have the proper tool for that. (OK, perhaps "tool" wasn't quite the right word I wanted in light of the new rule...)

Also, I never knew what vinegar to use before either. I've always just used half white and half cider. This is sort of a coming out party. Again.

BaDUM! Tsssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh...you're on a roll!

I do keep finding improvments occasionally. Distilled or apple cider both work. Having tried the Bragg's now though, I'm going to stick with that.

Back