THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday morning Barbacoa tacos are a tradition here in San Antonio and other parts of South Texas. A trip for Barbacoa, pan dulce (Mexican sweet bread), and the Sunday paper is a fond memory. Some places are a one stop for all these and sometimes tamales as well. A local favorite to accompany all this is Big Red soda, although I prefer coffee.

Sunday morning Barbacoa tacos are a tradition here in San Antonio and other parts of South Texas. A trip for Barbacoa, pan dulce (Mexican sweet bread), and the Sunday paper is a fond memory. Some places are a one stop for all these and sometimes tamales as well. A local favorite to accompany all this is Big Red soda, although I prefer coffee.

Big Red and Church’s Chicken. You should know what I’m talking about!

I started making my own barbacoa once Taco Cabana stopped selling them. Beef cheeks availability at Walmart is a hit and miss. Unless someone is just buying them before I can.

Yep, the crap that Chipotle passes off as Barbacoa is made from chuck.
Beef Cheeks are definitely better than chuck roast but I made the mistake of telling my wife I cooked up beef cheeks and she won't eat them so now it's chuck. She won't eat oxtail either, never tried to cook tongue because I already know that's a no go. :crazy:

Back