Beef cheeks!? What are these!?

Sunday morning Barbacoa tacos are a tradition here in San Antonio and other parts of South Texas. A trip for Barbacoa, pan dulce (Mexican sweet bread), and the Sunday paper is a fond memory. Some places are a one stop for all these and sometimes tamales as well. A local favorite to accompany all this is Big Red soda, although I prefer coffee.

Sunday morning Barbacoa tacos are a tradition here in San Antonio and other parts of South Texas. A trip for Barbacoa, pan dulce (Mexican sweet bread), and the Sunday paper is a fond memory. Some places are a one stop for all these and sometimes tamales as well. A local favorite to accompany all this is Big Red soda, although I prefer coffee.

Big Red and Church’s Chicken. You should know what I’m talking about!

I started making my own barbacoa once Taco Cabana stopped selling them. Beef cheeks availability at Walmart is a hit and miss. Unless someone is just buying them before I can.

Yep, the crap that Chipotle passes off as Barbacoa is made from chuck.
Beef Cheeks are definitely better than chuck roast but I made the mistake of telling my wife I cooked up beef cheeks and she won't eat them so now it's chuck. She won't eat oxtail either, never tried to cook tongue because I already know that's a no go. :crazy:

Back