THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crispy Bacon

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Crispy
Has anybody tried the gourmet blend from Bear Mountain. I’ve never been able to find that brand where I live. My local store has 2 pallets of the gourmet blend for $4.99 a 20 lb bag. Was thinking of buying a bunch at that price. Just wanted some input on them. Thanks

I can’t speak for their gourmet blend, but I do use their hickory pellets, like them a lot. And I have to pay a bit more. Actually a big bit more.

That's a great price! Bear Mountain is one brand that I haven't tried, but I have used other brands with a similar blend and like the flavors.

What store is it? If they are in my area I may have to check it out :-D

My wife would be soooo mad at me if I saw it for that price. It's a great all around blend - one of my favorites for anything pork or chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife would be soooo mad at me if I saw it for that price. It's a great all around blend - one of my favorites for anything pork or chicken.

She’d be mad because you’d buy the entire pallet? She oughta be thrilled at all the money you saved... lol. Aren’t we supposed to jump up and down when they find shoes on sale?

I didn't care for the gourmet blend, but I do like their bold. But I always say that just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you won't. At that price I'd buy a bunch of it anyway.

She’d be mad because you’d buy the entire pallet? She oughta be thrilled at all the money you saved... lol. Aren’t we supposed to jump up and down when they find shoes on sale?

Bingo! Between the stash of Weber charcoal, the Wally World special 30lb bags of lump, the 20 bags of pellets I have now....if I saw them at that price the basement would be 1/4 full of fuel. She doesn't get the "they were on crazy sale!" argument.

BM GB pellets are $4.99 at our Rural King and are the best for the money here. I have a small hoard and Bunny won’t allow me to bring any more home, so I store them in my van. Here they are on the right next to B&B Hickory on the left. They are much darker and smell better than the B&B.

Attachments

• 56E482C8-59D6-42C2-BE11-8C3DCABC4708.jpg
    56E482C8-59D6-42C2-BE11-8C3DCABC4708.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 114
Pu a bag from rural king the other day for $4.99 , have tried other flavors they make and like, I suspect these will work well, didn't know RK even had any so it was a shock when a local feller posted about them being there,

I'm putting out some of the best food ever on my FEC-100 using Bear Mountain Pellets! Specifically their Bold Blend. Much better than the B&B / BBQ Delight pellets I've been using for the past six years.

Check out this smoke ring on a big rack of Loin Back Ribs.

IMG_0964 by David Miller, on Flickr

Here is a Choice Brisket. Great color, flavor, etc. I could get good color with other pellets but Bear Mountain is just better all around.

IMG_0837 by David Miller, on Flickr

Bear Mountain play nice with my Mak 1 Star. Much better than Cookin pellets that for some reason don't. I've been buying them direct from BM and while shipping is free and you get the occasional sale, the price at Rural King is hard to beat! Closet one to me is almost 40 miles. I see a short road trip in the very near future.

Bear Mountain play nice with my Mak 1 Star. Much better than Cookin pellets that for some reason don't. I've been buying them direct from BM and while shipping is free and you get the occasional sale, the price at Rural King is hard to beat! Closet one to me is almost 40 miles. I see a short road trip in the very near future.

New to MAK and PGs in general so I gotta ask... what problems have you seen with Cookin Pellets?

I haven’t made the trek to rural king in a while but they used to have great prices on Lumberjack pellets. Did you notice if they still have lumberjack or was it bear mountain only? I like the lumberjack competition blend better than the bear mountain I’ve tried so far, but both are good.

Back