THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah this is getting bookmarked. It really does look and sound fantastic - thanks for the recipe Jeanie! This would be one of those occasions where I'm OK with my lovely wife being allergic to shrimp - more for me! :twisted:

Thank you everybody!

That looks Wonderfull!

Very cool raising your own shrimp. I did not know you could do that. Does fresh water chage the taste?

You never cease to Amaze me!
They don't taste a whole lot different than salt water. At least I can't tell with mine, I get them live out of the pond. My pond has pretty much a constant flow of fresh water comin' into it. I've tasted freshwater prawns from the store and they have a weird texture that I don't care for. Not sure what causes that. Thanks SD!

Looks exactly like what Deanies served years ago and bet it tastes as good. Wonder if they are still in business?
I've not heard of Deanies, but I would have like it! Thanks!

flashbacks of Pascal's Manale in New Orleans!!!!!

Great Job!!!!
Thanks Adams! One of my relatives used to talk about Pascal's...she loved the place!

Yeah this is getting bookmarked. It really does look and sound fantastic - thanks for the recipe Jeanie! This would be one of those occasions where I'm OK with my lovely wife being allergic to shrimp - more for me! :twisted:
Great idea Greg! lol I do wish your lovely Mrs.. wasn't allergic but hope you get to try these sometime. Thanks friend!

Looks superb...and bookmarked to make relatively soon!

Thank you Cake M1x! If the "gravy" is too spicy, I add more butter to cut the heat before adding the shrimp. Hope you have great luck with it!

Jeanie, my wife wants to go back to New Orleans but I am trying to convince her the food is better in Oklahoma. That is one pretty cook.

Cowgirl the grub looks phenomenal as always. I could eat a wheel barrow load of it. If you ever find yourself in New Orleans, whip into OceanA and try their BBQ Shrimp. While you are there go ahead and try their version of chargrilled oysters smothered in that cheese and butter sauce that they use. They are both simply spectacular. Again, great looking cook as always.

Jeanie, my wife wants to go back to New Orleans but I am trying to convince her the food is better in Oklahoma. That is one pretty cook.

Thank you Marty!! I might have to agree with your Mrs.. New Orleans would be hard to beat! :becky:

Cowgirl the grub looks phenomenal as always. I could eat a wheel barrow load of it. If you ever find yourself in New Orleans, whip into OceanA and try their BBQ Shrimp. While you are there go ahead and try their version of chargrilled oysters smothered in that cheese and butter sauce that they use. They are both simply spectacular. Again, great looking cook as always.

SGH, I bet those oysters are amazing! I will definitely hit OceanA next time I go down there. Thanks for the info!
Had some great oysters at Gaido's in Galveston and have been trying to figure out a way to replicate them. If you have any good grilled oyster recipes, I'd love to try them!
Thanks so much for the kind comment. :grin:

Back