THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey guys, Trying to think of Christmas gifts to buy myself. Two items is a weed burner and a good brush/scrapper to scrape my grates off well.

Always been afraid of wire brushes, I remember a couple instances where the wire brush was a problem after heavy use. Do you guys use an alternative? I know foil works but its kinda a pain with expanded metal grates.

Got amazon links?

Also thought about upgrading to a better vac sealer! I sealed a lot of BBQ today, and I'm having problems with them keeping vacuum. I would like to get one with a wide sealer. That would be nice!

Not sure what else I want LOL. Got any cool ideas?

I ordered myself a rotisserie for my 18.5" kettle. Incidentally, I now see Octoforks in my future!

So there's no alternative to wire brushes? I've looked on the internet, there's not much as far as "grill" brushes unless they are wired. I think I'll stick to foil balls. Thought something with a handle would be nicer.

So far I'm looking at a sausage stuffer, meat slicer, oven racks so I can hang jerky on them as I need dedicated racks for that. Depends on if I can talk the missus into any of it LOL.

Go to a used appliance / repair/ scraper.

They will sell oven racks pretty cheap.

@Blazinfire, have you seen www.billybar.com grate scraper. I've had one for a few years and really like it. You have to go row by row but works great!
As for gifts: Do you have a grinder? I recently got a Weston grinder for small $$.

CharGon Grill Scraper

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/CharGon-PATENTED-PERFORMANCE-CLEANINGS-cleaning/dp/B00UI1X0L2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480968173&sr=8-1&keywords=chargon+grill+scraper"]Amazon.com : CharGon "The Grill Pro's Cleaner" PATENTED & PERFORMANCE TESTED TO LAST 500 CLEANINGS CharGon works on ALL round grill rods cleaning the TOPS, SIDES, & BOTTOM. : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

The problem with this and the billy bar is my grates are made with expanded metal. Man it would be a pain to use something like that to scrape the expanded metal off. I've been doing some more reasearch, seems like a foil ball and a weed burner is the way to go. Gonna keep looking incase I find something. I'll keep you guys posted

Lowes carries a nice "scrub brush" style grate cleaner with metal Brillo style scrubbers for like 5 bucks!

Back