Brisket & A butt on the silverbac

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey guys.. well this is a last minute thing and at the wrong time but yet at the right time all at the same time. Had this brisket on order I forgot about ordering it... Local store calls lets me know they have it the day before getting two teeth pulled!

Well I thought about freezing it and cooking later. but I had that itch to cook BBQ and noticed I had my brand new vac sealer... So Told the guy to throw in a pork butt with my order.. I'll try to eat a couple pieces then let the family eat on it some.. Then I'll vac seal the rest.. see how it does with BBQ.. worked great freezing fresh sausages.

Didn't expect such a large brisket.. this thing was 14lbs before trimming and I lightly trimmed it. I did something a little different.. Normally I'll use oak ridge SPOGOS, or just SPOG on briskets.. I used Oak Ridge beef & pork comp.. Oak Ridge secret weapon on the pork butt.. Cookin on the Silverbac today! I love this cooker.. its real consistent.

Wd9ewqbl.jpg

It will be so tender that you will be able to eat it, no problem. Looking forward to the finished product.

Looks good! Any pictures of you cooker? I’m curious what the “SilverBac” looks like. Thanks for sharing.

I call dibs on that little piece of brisket!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hmm... This is just the first couple slices so I expect extra tender almost over cooked.. It's not dry.. ALMOST just falls apart.. but held the slice enough! Lets hope the deeper I dig into it isn't this tender! But it looks beautiful!

jtHhPlml.jpg

EyOZLHGl.jpg

Back