THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I guess we are in..:rolleyes:. Jay informs me last night that the check had cleared. Then gets an email from Tamara that says she didn't get the entry form....What??:confused::frusty:. So we need to send a new entry form and she'll find us a spot. Your damn right you will...:mad2:.
The season hasn't even started yet for us and it's already screwed up. Anyway, I guess Smokehouse 72 will be coming to CB with their damn black cloud in tow.:rain: See you all there.

Now if we can only get a black cloud over Smokey D's as well I might actually have a chance at a top 10 finish!!! In fact, I hope you are all good and p*$$ed when you show up!!! :heh: :boxing:

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
FWIW, I am in the process of starting a side-line knife sharpening business. If any of you want - bring your knives and I'll sharpen the first one for free (maybe you can help me determine a fair price for this service after I sharpen one for you). You can give me some feed back and I can get a better sense of whether I have the inclination to do this for the general public.

I will be using an EdgePro Apex with 220 and 320 stones. I won't be bringing my water stones so I wouldn't be able to handle any repairs in CB - just sharpening.

FWIW, I am in the process of starting a side-line knife sharpening business. If any of you want - bring your knives and I'll sharpen the first one for free (maybe you can help me determine a fair price for this service after I sharpen one for you). You can give me some feed back and I can get a better sense of whether I have the inclination to do this for the general public.

I will be using an EdgePro Apex with 220 and 320 stones. I won't be bringing my water stones so I wouldn't be able to handle any repairs in CB - just sharpening.
I might have you do a few of mine. Maybe I can swap a couple Buster Dog Brews in return :)

Nate's bringing beer? I might head up there just to hang out.
Ha ha. Nate's getting the Bob Denner curse. No one wins who drinks beer with Bob. Bob, stay away from our site. Go hang out under the Smokehouse black cloud. :-D:-D:-D

Ha ha. Nate's getting the Bob Denner curse. No one wins who drinks beer with Bob. Bob, stay away from our site. Go hang out under the Smokehouse black cloud. :-D:-D:-D

Bob is welcome in our site, he brought us good luck in Excelsior last year. And we are more than happy to share that black cloud with you B-dog. Don't think were not the giving type of people.:wink:

Bob is welcome in our site, he brought us good luck in Excelsior last year. And we are more than happy to share that black cloud with you B-dog. Don't think were not the giving type of people.:wink:

Ray - I'm trying your beer tonight. Rod - yours turned out great (IMO). Bob - I hope to bottle yours in a couple of days. Make the trip and get yours too :thumb:

Hey Mike (Spanky) - are you going to be in Ottumwa? If so, let me know a favorite style and I'll try and have a keg ready. For sure by M'town!

Hey Nate-
I will look you up the next time our paths cross for a little knife sharpening. FWIW, I paid $4/knife at the royal last year...no idea if that is high or low, or if it was a good job or a poor one:icon_blush:

:tsk: Oh contrar there Buster Dog mofrar!

I was hanging with Todd when he won his first GC in 2007, where I learned to make parsley boxes and ran in his boxes
I assisted Paul - mainly consume beverages - when half of the normal team was on vacation last year when the Pickled Pigs got their first GC

Now by no means am I implying that my cooking skills had any positive influence on either of them (cause I really didn't touch much product either time) ... but ya can't overlook the power of having good mojo. :thumb:

Last edited:
:tsk: Oh contrar there Buster Dog mofrar!

I was hanging with Todd when he won his first GC in 2007, where I learned to make parsley boxes and ran in his boxes
I assisted Paul - mainly consume beverages - when half of the normal team was on vacation last year when the Pickled Pigs got their first GC

Now by no means am I implying that my cooking skills had any positive influence on either of them (cause I really didn't touch much product either time) ... but ya can't overlook the power of having good mojo. :thumb:
Forgive me, I must have misinterpreted your facebook post from the weekend saying those you dont drink with (ie.Darren) finished well.

Forgive me, I must have misinterpreted your facebook post from the weekend saying those you dont drink with (ie.Darren) finished well.

I think it was everyone we DO drink with (meaning teams we generally hang around with and competed that weekend) did do very well. At least that's how I meant it.

Darren doesn't seem to drink much during the competition - or at least I don't seem to see him.

Hmmm...I've yet to get an email or snail mail reply.
They cashed my check so I'll be there.
Now you guys are starting to see why I was reluctant to do this contest-don't ya?!
Nate, I'll be at ottumwa-they cashed that check anyways, so I'm gonna show up there too.
And if you guys get stuck next to the 72 crew-make sure your ez ups are tied down good too! Them boys get all the luck!

Yep pretty much just spewing luck every where Spanky, CB organizers did get back to me and confirmed my check is in their system, but dont know what happen to the entry form. Anyway, we are in. they also told me they had 36 teams as of yesterday.

Yep pretty much just spewing luck every where Spanky, CB organizers did get back to me and confirmed my check is in their system, but dont know what happen to the entry form. Anyway, we are in. they also told me they had 36 teams as of yesterday.
They must be blocking off all 4 sides of the block. I thought it was a 27 team limit. Just hope that doesn't mean 36 in 27 slots.

I think Pitmasters really got the BBQ interest up quite a bit. Most contest seem to be up 10-20 teams from last few years.

Back