THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charcoalloungers said:
This event fill yet?
She thought one or two teams left on Wednesday of last week. Still waiting to see if I got one. She was out of office that week I talked to her and didn't know what was in the mail.

Tamara called me back this morning, she says that they are starting to get everything back on track :-D. I'm in for judging and she needs about 5 more judges to be good. See ya there Friday evening :thumb:.

Tamara called me back this morning, she says that they are starting to get everything back on track :-D. I'm in for judging and she needs about 5 more judges to be good. See ya there Friday evening :thumb:.

She did'nt happen to say how many teams where in, did she? We're going anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter just need to know if we need to bring extra cash and line up another cooker from Roo. :becky:

She did'nt happen to say how many teams where in, did she? We're going anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter just need to know if we need to bring extra cash and line up another cooker from Roo. :becky:
31 names on the email that went out.

For those of you who went last year - is there a hotel near by? I also plan to ask the organizers, but I want to hear from folks who understand the timing issues related to BBQ so that we don't end up in a place we can't use. It's only Jeff and I with the van and the smoker - no trailer or anything.

For those of you who went last year - is there a hotel near by? I also plan to ask the organizers, but I want to hear from folks who understand the timing issues related to BBQ so that we don't end up in a place we can't use. It's only Jeff and I with the van and the smoker - no trailer or anything.
What's wrong with the van? I am only going to have my 6 x 12 and will sleep in there. I can bring you a zero gravity chair.

From what I remember, there isn't any real close hotels like walking distance.

Not bringing the Holy Roller? I was hoping to see it.
No hotels nearby, probably 10 min. drive back to the Madison/ I-80 interchange where there are some hotels.

Rod - looks like the van will be the best set up. I think I might invest in a good cot and sleep outside!

Ray - the Holy Roller belongs to Mark and he is probably going to be bust planting crops so he may not come.

Thanks for your responses guys!

So, just cause it's "his" doesn't mean he's got to be there...right?
Tell him to take one for the team and hook it up to the van!
No close hotels that I can remember.

There's no hotel, motel, or bathrooms, well I'm sure port johns will be there. Across the street is 2 Funeral homes, you can rest there:rip:. This contest is around a square park (1 block x 1 block x 1 block x 1 block) with a water fountain in the middle, and one big rock:becky: Here's the lay out. On the east side of the square is a bar, on the south side are funeral homes, on the west side,, nothing worth talking about! And on the north side, church. There's a Godfathers pizza across the street on the north east corner of the park, at least it's not on the same street as the funeral home's :-D:becky:

Well I guess we are in..:rolleyes:. Jay informs me last night that the check had cleared. Then gets an email from Tamara that says she didn't get the entry form....What??:confused::frusty:. So we need to send a new entry form and she'll find us a spot. Your damn right you will...:mad2:.
The season hasn't even started yet for us and it's already screwed up. Anyway, I guess Smokehouse 72 will be coming to CB with their damn black cloud in tow.:rain: See you all there.

Back