THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Banner.gif

...as chosen by KnucklHed BBQ, then winner of the BBQ Brethren "KnucklHed's Big Farking TD About Nothing" Throwdown!

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING!
KnucklHed BBQ said:
Hey Chris! Now that the TD rulz have been, like, totally modded to the max, I have my category picked out for the whack-a-doodles...

"Wok This Way"

Here's a pic to use if you like, or if you find one better feel free to change it!
978wok.jpg

Pic from letswoknroll.com

The only special rule in this TD will be that there are no special rules! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That reminds me, this IS NOT a Waka-Waka category in where you would be cooking Fozzie Bear. Cooking of Muppets (at least for this TD) is strictly forbade! Aww, carp! OK, so maybe there is 1 special rule, no cooking of Muppets...

OK, for the seriousness - I specifically do not want to limit this to having to be cooked in a wok - however, I do wish to state that the dish must involve "stir fried" something or a dish that is commonly made in a wok like device (such as a discada) (stir frying in a skillet or on a griddle would be acceptable, so long as it's done over fire, I guess that would include a burner like folks use for their discada too.)

Obviously regular TD rules would apply when it comes to having smoked or grilled items prominently incorporated.

I now know what I want to do with my life....

I WANNA WOK!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/15 through Sunday 6/24.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 6/25.

Before submitting an entry to this Throwdown, make sure you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Just to be sure, Im going to ask a question. I have one of those grill pans with the holes in it. Is that an acceptable cooking vessel for a stir fry on the OTG?

I just figure asking now is better than a clusterfark later. :mod:

CD

OK! You just WOKKED my world! I thought it was BACON! I'm just going with the flow though. Is Bacon next? What about Ba :tape: Nevermind. I just cleaned my glasses and saw the dates. You see, I was wondering what I would do with the 83 pounds of bacon I have laid in to build a replica of Robert E. Lee on his horse. It's ok now....I'm good....

Last edited:
Just to be sure, Im going to ask a question. I have one of those grill pans with the holes in it. Is that an acceptable cooking vessel for a stir fry on the OTG?

I just figure asking now is better than a clusterfark later. :mod:

CD

I'd say that would be perfectly acceptable!

Whilst pondering the scope of limitations of "Doin' it in a Wok", I had even reasoned to myself that one could probably produce a pretty decent "stir fry" using 2 regular cooking grates turned cross way to each other... Perhaps my interpretation is a bit too loose?

Heck, I'd like to see someone try a baked dish in a wok...

Waiiiit a minute here. So this is the Wok This Way TD, but we don't have to cook it on a wok, but it has to be stir fried? I can think of a bunch of stuff to cook in a wok that isn't stir fried, I think we should've called this the stir fried, wok optional TD. :razz:

Too soon?

Waiiiit a minute here. So this is the Wok This Way TD, but we don't have to cook it on a wok, but it has to be stir fried? I can think of a bunch of stuff to cook in a wok that isn't stir fried, I think we should've called this the stir fried, wok optional TD. :razz:

Too soon?

I know you were razzin' me, but just in case there really is any confusion...

...the dish must involve "stir fried" something or a dish that is commonly made in a wok like device (such as a discada)

I didn't want it limited to Asian style cuisine and I didn't want anyone to not participate because they didn't have a wok, a skillet could be used instead, so long as it is a dish that would normally be cooked in a wok or discada...

Conversely, I suppose a dish that is not normally cooked in a wok or discada could be adapted for cooking in a wok or discada.

Am I making it worse?? :-?:confused:

Back