THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Like Lancarc, I'm in the process of curing my bacon right now. So now when I smoke my first bacon I'm going to have to keep this throwdown in mind.

Such pressure, what's an internet Chef suposed to do?

Never made bacon before so thought this would be a good opportunity to give it a try. My local store only had these .75 to 1 pound cuts but thought that might be a good way to start.

IMG_2212.jpg

Thanks to Thirdeye's recipe and help along the way it came better than I expected. I know that next time I'll go to my local butcher and get a 1.5 to 2 pound cut as these were a little small but still fun to experiment with.

IMG_2227.jpg

Last night we made ribs.

IMG_2234.jpg

Today I am smoking up a corned beef. So as I'm looking in the fridge I think bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and ribs. There has to be something good to come out of this.

IMG_2236.jpg

Scarlett having no interest in anything I was doing decided it was a fine time to give Ginger a bath.

IMG_2229.jpg

The egg was busy getting up to temp so I cranked up the old gasser with some cast iron. The bacon was a bit fatty so I just kept alternating it between the two pans.

IMG_2242.jpg

I suppose you could call this bacon fried rib hash with an egg on top.

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

Well now the corned beef is smoking and my belly is full. Ginger is clean and it is a beautiful day in Wisconsin. Time for a swim.

Unfortunately we are experiencing rain of the biblical proportions for the past few days and for the next few days, so all my bacon cooking has to be done indoors. It's too bad as the day is shaping up to be a whopper so far. Here's a little tease.

Bacon, Hashbrowns and Egg cups.

IMG_0106Custom.jpg

This was followed by the loaded baked potato soup for lunch

IMG_0116Custom.jpg

Then for a mid afternoon snack while we wait on dinner. Maple Bacon Shortbread Cookies. You'll have to wait for dinner as it's nearing time to start the cooking process.

IMG_0121Custom.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what happen. I went to get the camera and a cookie disappeared. No one would confess, but the wife did have some crumbs on her shirt...

Dean

You cooked that on a grill or smoker in your garage, right? :wink:

Bacon shortbread cookies. That actually sounds pretty farking good, and I'm not big on sweets. I can imagine that working.

CD

You cooked that on a grill or smoker in your garage, right? :wink:

Bacon shortbread cookies. That actually sounds pretty farking good, and I'm not big on sweets. I can imagine that working.

CD

They are fantastic. I just used a standard shortbread recipe and used maple extract instead of vanilla. Then chopped up the bacon and added it.

Your bacon looks a lot better than the PB I got. I'm going to smoke it tomorrow and then see if I can work it into something. I have an idea of what I want to so, I'm in!:grin:

Gore has been awfully quite. I wonder what kind of bacon monster team e-gore is working on. :heh:

CD

Back