THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My humble entry - Kalibi

Kalibi - Korean Short Ribs.

Sure was yummy!

See build thread here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86816

My entry

kalibimoneyshot.jpg

My entry for the bone-in throwdown. St Louis Ribs with homemade rub on my Char-Broil Silver Smoker for about 6 hours.

View attachment 42167
The Smoke'n Barrel

View attachment 42168
Thermometer from an old rig

View attachment 42169
2 Thermometers at grate level

View attachment 42170
Ribs and extra meat from cut

View attachment 42171
Nice rack

View attachment 42172
Daddy and Breonna

View attachment 42173
The finished product

View attachment 42174
Ribs, creamed corn, parmesan noodles and potatoes au graten.

Last edited:
The picure really doesn't matter, but I particularly like the finished plate with all of the sides, the Yankees cup and KC Masterpiece in the background.

With a Bone Entry - Porkchop with Orange Confit

I decided to finally go for it and enter a Throwdown! The trees in my yard are bursting with ripe kumquats and oranges and my thyme is going crazy so I pondered for a while and decided that pork chops would be perfect to complement these fresh ingredients.

I started by making Candied Kumquats with Thyme, Orange Confit (hot olive oil bath), and Red Onions pickled in Wine and Grenadine the night before:
CandiedKumquat.jpg

OrangeConfit.jpg

GrenadineOnions-1.jpg

Layering Orange Confit, Salt, Thyme, Brown Sugar, and Olive Oil on Porkchops (guess which one is for my wife):
OrangeConfitOnChop.jpg

Brussel Sprouts on the Grill:
BrusselSproutson.jpg

After Searing Porkchop for 2 minutes on a grill top cast iron pan to caramelize the top, it was put directly onto the grill for 10 minutes to finish.
Porkchopon.jpg

Everything plated and ready to eat. The final menu included the Grilled Brussel Sprouts and Grilled New Potatoes to accompany the Chop along with the Fruit and Root Preserves.
FinalPlate-1.jpg

Caramelized and Seared Pork Chop with Orange Confit (Throwdown Shot):
Porkschop2.jpg

Last edited:
Back