THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asian Grocery store!

Try Michael's Fresh Market in Naperville on Route 59 at Ogden.

Thanks guys... I'm sure if I really tried I could find a place, but since I'm the only one who will eat fish in the house it's just not worth the effort, even for a throwdown :)

Great looking fish, Chef Jim! Nice job!

Whole Yellowtail Snapper

I decided to cook a couple of yellowtail snappers on a rotisserie over my Pro Q. I salted the fish, then brushed with a mixture of melted butter, fresh lime juice, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Then sprinkled them with black pepper. Into the basket and onto the Pro Q. Also grilled some bacon wrapped scallops, and seasoned (rub) fresh shrimp, along with some veggies. Thank you for looking.
two.jpg
Impromptu rotisserie

three.jpg
Yellowtail snappers,scallops, and shrimp

four.jpg
Yellowtail to be brushed with melted butter with fresh lime, cumin, cayenne, and then sprinkled with salt and black pepper

five.jpg
Veggies to grill: mushrooms, yellow squash, grape tomatoes, green beans, red peppers in olive oil, cayenne, black pepper, creole seasoning, garlic and onion powder

six.jpg
Ready for the Pro Q

seven.jpg
Cookin'

eight.jpg
Done!

nine.jpg
My whole fish entry

eleven.jpg
Ahh, finally plated

twelve.jpg
Da bones

Last edited:
Jim,
I like that ya caught your entry! Puts ya up a few notches for me in the voting perhaps.
So did you just lay the panko on top of the fish after it was almost done? Kind of missed how ya did that part.

Smitter, I cut the fish off da bones into serving sized pieces, took the skin off, then added the planko on top only.

And as I am here in this section now, I will add that whole fish is great and you can do things with it that you might not do with a fillet. But in the spirit of the category I did not fillet it. I might have otherwise. :becky:

Hey Jim, it was a quick makeshift rotiss, but there was plenty of clearance for the basket(Lowes) if the lid could have sat properly on the grill. The spit was 1/2" above the rim of the grill so I tried using a couple of 3/4 alum angles laid on the grill rim to elevate the lid, but the dang lid kept rattling off when the motor ran. So I C-clamped 3 alum 90's vertically up on the grill and finally just let the lid rest on the clamps. Had about a 2 1/2 gap, not ideal, but the old "what it is , is what it is" thing came into play.

Hey Jim, it was a quick makeshift rotiss, but there was plenty of clearance for the basket(Lowes) if the lid could have sat properly on the grill. The spit was 1/2" above the rim of the grill so I tried using a couple of 3/4 alum angles laid on the grill rim to elevate the lid, but the dang lid kept rattling off when the motor ran. So I C-clamped 3 alum 90's vertically up on the grill and finally just let the lid rest on the clamps. Had about a 2 1/2 gap, not ideal, but the old "what it is , is what it is" thing came into play.
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but that is an impressive rotisserie mod you've got going there! Fish looked great, too!

G'Day Bruces,

Here's my Throwdown entry for Whole Fish! Hoope you like it!

This is what I started with:
DSC_0039_882.jpg

Here it is so you can see it's cooked!
DSC_0095_897.jpg

This is my Entry Pic!
DSC_0089_894.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks for looking!

Bill

Outstanding looking fish. The ingredients you used were stellar to say the least. Macadamia nuts:-D.

Back