THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i've been to the store. i've three kinds of cheese.
i'm going to use each cheese two ways, so i'll have 6 entries.
:biggrin:

it's 32 right now, a heat wave!! 8)

i have salmon, onion, poblano peppers, and one of the cheeses on now.....

juustalepia

this cheese "Brun-uusto is the newest cheese from Brunkow Cheese of Wisconsin. The expert Wisconsin cheesemakers at Brunkow have translated Brun-uusto into an authentic version of Juustalepia, a specialty cheese with Finnish and Swedish origins. The name Juustalepia (HOOstah-lee-pah) is Finnish, and translates as “bread cheese,” an apt description since Brun-uusto’s appearance and aroma is similar to toasted bread. Its characteristic sweet caramel crust is produced through a slow baking process. Brun-uusto’s unique flavor is most pronounced when served warm." click

Juustalepia-012.jpg

Juustalepia-016.jpg

Juustalepia-032.jpg

very good with a drizzle of local honey :biggrin:

the salmon wasn't bad either 8)

this cheese "Brun-uusto is the newest cheese from Brunkow Cheese of Wisconsin. The expert Wisconsin cheesemakers at Brunkow have translated Brun-uusto into an authentic version of Juustalepia, a specialty cheese with Finnish and Swedish origins. The name Juustalepia (HOOstah-lee-pah) is Finnish, and translates as “bread cheese,” an apt description since Brun-uusto’s appearance and aroma is similar to toasted bread. Its characteristic sweet caramel crust is produced through a slow baking process. Brun-uusto’s unique flavor is most pronounced when served warm." click

Juustalepia-016.jpg

very good with a drizzle of local honey :biggrin:

the salmon wasn't bad either 8)

All I can say is Holy....... (I'm glad you translated the lingo, it saved me some time :mrgreen:)

So, if this is how it's going to start off, I can see I'll have to bring out
the big guns.
Shooter2.gif

Chips_Frito_Lay_Cheetos.gif

man, that cheese is good! i have half of it left for tomorrow. i made a green chili sauce with the poblanos and onion that i'll try with it and two other mystery cheeses. ----> cheezy :biggrin:

Green Chili Sauce
from
Bobby Flay

1-2 poblano chiles or one large Anaheim chili, grilled, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 medium white onion, grilled and chopped
1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
1/4 cup cold water
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Juustoleipa, take II

i couldn't tell the whole story of this with just three pix, so ignore two :biggrin:

this is great grilling cheese!!

JuustoleipaII-007.jpg

JuustoleipaII-013.jpg

JuustoleipaII-018.jpg

JuustoleipaII-043.jpg

JuustoleipaII-046.jpg

That all looks fabulous. I won't get an entry in today, I'm working and barely had time to sneak home to get a pastrami started on the Egg, :evil: but I was the last one to sneak in on Monday last week and it worked out ok......:rolleyes:

Hey Rick, I see a UDS in your cooker inventory - is this something new??

This is my 3 Cheese stuffed Portabella with Sausage. It has Cream Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, and Pepper Jack and bacon sprinkles. It is accompanied by bacon wrapped asparagus and a Sirloin Tip Steak W/ Horseradish and Blue cheese. This was an excellent ending to a great weekend. Everything done a 22.5 Kettle God Bless!

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

That thier looks cheezy...goooood and cheezy!! I didn't have the time to get in this week. Bought some haloumi cheese but couldn't get the time to do anything with it.Maybe next time. Good luck to those that do.

This is my 3 Cheese stuffed Portabella with Sausage. It has Cream Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, and Pepper Jack and bacon sprinkles. It is accompanied by bacon wrapped asparagus and a Sirloin Tip Steak W/ Horseradish and Blue cheese. This was an excellent ending to a great weekend. Everything done a 22.5 Kettle God Bless!

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

WOW!...Very nice! :p I can taste the asparagus from here!:lol:

Well I had mine off of the grill last night,,, and a stupid stray CAT jumped up on the picnic table and started eating:eek:, I HAD a steak and venison blue cheese quesadilla with a side of home made jalapeno beer cheese blue corn chips.

Back