THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Polar Party

Entry Pic:

IMGP0442-1.jpg

The cook thread : http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109128

The Missus and I had a friend over last weekend for dinner, so decided to smoke some ribs on the WSM and do some roadside chicken on the drum. I've been using a LOT of Simply Marvelous and Rub Co rubs of late, and realized I had a good amount of my Rib Rub #2, so decided to use that up. I forgot how good it was it's been so long!

Here's the two racks all rubbed down and ready to go in the smoker. For this cook, I used maple and hickory.

IMG_4556.jpg

I smoked the ribs at 275, and pulled them about 3. 5 hours later.

IMG_4557.jpg

After that I fired up the UDS and did the Roadside Chicken. Took about 40 mins as it was a small chicken. No pics of the cook, but here's everything in a basket and ready to eat:

IMG_4562.jpg

I have to say, the WSM has taken my ribs to a whole new level. They were perfectly moist and tender. The chicken was also great, very moist with nice crispy skin! Please use above shot for throwdown pic.

Moose, that is absolutely beautiful. Looks like ribs for dinner tomorrow night as it's too late tonight. I take it you used your Moose #2 on that chicken. What temp did you do that chicken at? Looks really nice.

Gore, I used Moose Rib Rub #2 on the ribs only. The chicken I did roadside style with the traditional roadside mop recipe applied every 5 mins or so. Other than that, i seasoned with S&P and that's it, with a drum temp of about 325-350. For some reason, the drum gets the skin nice and crispy every time.

If you want the roadside recipe, here it is:

www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88850

Thanks Moose! Now you've got me craving chicken too. Also, I'm noticing you don't seem to have a "summertime" video posted. Definitely don't want Chris to DQ you for that. :roll: I know it's not stated anywhere, but we're making up the rules as we go along here. :becky:

Finally, I got to cook my Summertime entry! It's been a long, eventful week for me but I was determined to cook this funky idea I had before going to St. Louis tomorrow. It turned out to be pretty darn tasty considering all the other things we were trying to do to prep for our trip tomorrow. So, summertime always makes me think of fresh fruit and I just love pineapple! And what goes better with pineapple than pork? I decided I wanted to make a spicy pineapple chutney/salsa. I used fresh pineapple chunks, diced red jalapenos (that I put in white vinegar a while back), fresh garlic, Allspice, fresh grated ginger, cayenne, salt, diced green onions and a little Simply Marvelous Simplly Seductive - which I also used on the pork loin chops Guerry sliced up. Smoked gouda cheese was placed on the chops first, then the chutney before rolling up and skewering, also used cooking twine on the ends to keep all the good stuff from oozing out.
Oops, almost forgot my video, hope this works!
YouTube - ‪All Summer Long - Kid Rock[Full Video]‬‏

1Pineapplechutneyingredients.jpg

Prepared chutney
2Finishedpineapplechutney.jpg

The cheese I used
5Cheese.jpg

Pounding the chops
3Poundingthechops.jpg

Generously seasoned with Sweet Seduction!
4Readytobuild.jpg

Ready to roll!
6BuildingII.jpg

Rolled up and skewered
7Rolledandstuck.jpg

And as for the extra pineapple, sprinkled with Sweet Seduction and grilled
12Grillingpineapple.jpg

Also wanted to try bok choy for the first time, EVOO, salt and pepper and onto the grill it went too!
11Grillingbokchoy.jpg

But only after the spicy pineapple chutney pork rolls were done
10Grillin.jpg

Searing
13Searing.jpg

Plated
14plated5.jpg

And I think I like this for the TD pic. This was absolutely wonderful and different - I couldn't believe how deguerre wolfed these down! A flavor explosion - and good for you too, can't beat that!
15plated2.jpg

Thanks for looking - gonna go sleep now, lots to do tomorrow!:becky:

Back