THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ha ha ha ha:pound:...stopcocks :pound:...ha ha ha :pound:...wife's favorite :pound:...wooohooo :pound: ha ha :pound::pound::pound:

Seriously though, those look damn fine.

I am thinking about an all in one submission: Smoked Bloody Mary :shocked:

In the words of the immortal Zydecopaws, anything I can pickup with one hand and eat is an hors d'oeuvres

But I can eat a shank portion ham with one hand!:twisted:

Seriously.....Nice first entry Chris! Lookin GOOD! I just wanna she you "shoot" that thing!

Bigabyte drunk. :shocked:

Especially with all that lab equipment, and who knows how many guns. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

CD

Hey I made some wangs today, those are orderves' right. I also made some Crabbites, pull apart sourdough bread and a Shirley Templeton.

First the Shirley Templeton.......... some may think it Blasphemy to mix Templeton rye but our host doen't consider ice a mixer :)crazy: right).

coctailsupplies.jpg

Here are the ingredients for the crab bites.

crabbiteingredients.jpg

And the ingredients for the pull apart.

pullapartingredients.jpg

On the grill.

apitizersonthegrill.jpg

And here they are all ready for consumption, the Franks Red Hot sweet Chili sauce took the crab bites to another level. Thanks for looking...

apitizersontheplate.jpg

Triple Play Finger Food and Strawberry Margarita

I got this idea from some cocktail parties I've been to where waiters walk around with finger foods to sample. And, the frozen Margarita Machine was invented in Dallas, so needless to say, Margaritas are very popular.

Steak Skewers: I cut flat iron steak into rectangles, and marinated them in a mixture of Italian dressing and Dijon mustard. I skewered them, seasoned with black pepper, and grilled over direct heat.

Shrimp Skewers: I made a balsamic vinaigrette to marinate the shrimp (just 30 minutes), then wrapped them in prosciutto , and skewered them. These, I grilled on the edge of my coals -- sort of semi direct heat.

Stuffed Mushrooms. The stuffing was a mixture of bread crumbs with pecorino romano cheese, dried oregano (from my garden), black pepper, mixed together and made into a paste with melted butter. I stuffed the mushrooms, added a pinch of pecorino roman on top of each mushroom, and baked on the "cold" side of the grill.

Strawberry Margarita: I started by cutting up fresh strawberries, which I dusted with powdered sugar, and put in the fridge to "marinate" in their own juice and the sugar. I used my regular mix of frozen limeade and tequila, but decided to use banana liquor instead of Grand Mariner, plus a good sized handful of the sweet strawberries. Blended with ice, and garnished with a strawberry. I also finally got to use the single funky cocktail glass someone gave me years ago. Bonus.

Everything tasted good, and I ate it all. The steak was tender -- "like butta." The shrimp were fantastic -- it's prosciutto from now on, instead of bacon on shrimp, for me. Stuffed shrooms are always good finger food. But, the margarita was the the best item, to me. The strawberries made a huge difference. The banana liquor was subtle, but good. I'll be making it again.

3play001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
I'm staring at the picture and wondering how you got the margarita to stay in the glass. Whenever I try to take a picture like that, my drink spills all over the table and the food slides off the plate. :confused:

I love meaty appetizers AND strawberry margaritas. :hungry:

I'm staring at the picture and wondering how you got the margarita to stay in the glass. Whenever I try to take a picture like that, my drink spills all over the table and the food slides off the plate. :confused:

I love meaty appetizers AND strawberry margaritas. :hungry:

I agree, if you violate the laws of physics, shouldn't that be an automatic DQ? Either that or this photo has been doctored and the food is not real.

Nice looking stuff regardless though :thumb:

Ooh, and you ate it too, bonus points.

All of that looks very good!:hungry: Except the glass. The drink sounds fine, but that glass............not so sure!:becky:

Hey, if you look close enough in that purple ball thingy at the bottom of his glass I think you can see his reflection...does he have a beard?

Back