THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alright, heading to the gym to work off dinner. Have to say, it was pretty farkin' tasty.

IMG_1983.jpg

offical entry

Ok I didn't get any action shots, but here is a big belly bomb.

Started by making a big pot of chile
then I fried up a bunch of tater tots
added the chile to the tater tots and put cheese sauce on top of that with some diced onions and pulled brisket that I smoked the day before.

Man I couldn't move for about two hours after this one... I'm still full today.

Attachments

• brisket and tater tots.jpg
    brisket and tater tots.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 119
So, when pulled meat was announced, the first thing in my head was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WD3QrhqyY0

I mean, if you are going to pull your meat, is there a better image to help you in your quest?

Anyway, I started with a little hunk-o-meat like this.

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

I set up the UDS to run for an overnight cook using my Lion temp controller. Usually I have been cooking at hotter temps but since I had the luxury of time I set it to run at 225 and set the meat to hold at 205 should it get done early.

IMG_1962.jpg

This stubborn butt went on at 10:30pm and ended up cooking for 16 hours as I didn't pull it until 2:30 the next day. On the bright side, this gave me plenty of time to finish painting the house.

IMG_1963.jpg

After I pulled it off the UDS, I let it rest for 4 hours in butcher paper while I finished up on the house. Once finished, I rewarded myself by pulling my meat. It was fantastic.

IMG_1965.jpg

I also made up some onion rings.

IMG_1966.jpg

The GF found this sauce at Big Lots the other day. For $1.25 it was worth a try. Granted, it isn't Memphis style sauce but it was pretty good on pork and I just might look for another bottle.

IMG_1967.jpg

Now it was time for the burgers. It was already getting into the evening so I just fired up the SJG and cooked them up.

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

Now for the assembly.

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

The finished product

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

It was pretty farkin' tasty and I was stuffed.

IMG_1983.jpg

There was really only one disappointment. You know those two girls in the video that come with the burger? Turns out they were just a couple of bitches.

IMG_1984.jpg

^^^My best attempt at the cute kid crutch

Last edited:
Don't know what those wimps are talking about. With as much communicating as they do, I'd think their jaws would handle that sandwich no problem, but maybe they only know how to type. Another layer of pulled pork and you can send one my direction. My mouth can certainly handle it without any problem. :hungry:

Came across these stats too. I sure hope mine was a bit healthier than this :shocked:

Nutritional Info - Carl's Jr. Memphis BBQ Six Dollar Burger (360g)
Calories - 1030 (from Fat - 500)
Fat - 55g (Saturated Fat - 23g)
Sodium - 2340mg
Carbs - 81g (Sugar - 30g)
Protein - 52g

Came across these stats too. I sure hope mine was a bit healthier than this :shocked:

Nutritional Info - Carl's Jr. Memphis BBQ Six Dollar Burger (360g)
Calories - 1030 (from Fat - 500)
Fat - 55g (Saturated Fat - 23g)
Sodium - 2340mg
Carbs - 81g (Sugar - 30g)
Protein - 52g

I would hope you have all of those topped. :thumb:

Holy chit! I actually cooked something in the TD category during the right time frame! :shocked:

I can play the "raising funds for the kids' school" card and maybe even get a vote! :clap2:

You cook stuff??? :noidea:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back