THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just going through some of the things I cooked this week. I think this might qualify.

IMG_7462.jpg
On a Steek!

Well, I rushed through a couple things to tie up some loose ends before the Apocalypse. First of all I had to finish up this "on a stick" thing. Seems there was some demand for some ice cream. The last time there was such a strong demand, I believe I made eggplant potpie and earned a zero. Let's hope this works out a bit better. And for all of you who complained about not being able to vote for the Dilly Bars in some previous throwdowns, well, now's your chance. First of all, I needed some suitable sticks. I put my assistants to work.

IMG_7379.jpg

They really didn't seem to mind.

IMG_7385.jpg

Then I assembled my ingredients.

IMG_7399.jpg

I actually used
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
1/2 cups of whole milk
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 splooch of vanilla

This was well mixed and heated to a custard-like consistency. The mixture was strained and then cold-smoked over cherry

IMG_7400.jpg

It was then placed in my 20+ year-old ice-cream maker (manual) and we all took turns

IMG_7408.jpg

IMG_7403.jpg

After about half an hour, we had a very nice consistency:

IMG_7411.jpg

This was drolloped into a can to use as a mold. When this was suitably chilled, the ice cream was removed, sliced and the recycled sticks were inserted

IMG_7501.jpg

These were then covered with chocolate

IMG_7505.jpg

and my assistants thoroughly tested them for quality

IMG_7511.jpg

They passed. :thumb:

Ice Cream in a throw down, I am non-plussed. And that last shot of the girls is ridiculous, the younger one is hilarious.

I started out with some chicken tenders and marinated them in some BBQ sauce courtesy of Phubar.

IMG_7603.jpg

We cook things on sticks all the time and I thought I'd try something a bit different that I saw recently. I threaded the chicken with green onions on two sticks, like a ladder and grilled them up.

IMG_7468.jpg

You can use this pic, Chris:

IMG_7475-1.jpg

For dessert I threaded some marshmallows on sticks (what can I say, I'm a sucker for a theme) and dipped them in Belgian chocolate and coated with chocolate sprinkles.

IMG_7540.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Pulled Pork On A Stick

Smoked off a butt on the WSM yesterday and liberated some of the pulled pork to try and make pulled pork on a stick.

I started out lining a 1"pvc pipe with freezer paper, and then stuffing the pulled pork inside, along with a stick.
stick2.jpg
stick3.jpg

I placed the sticks in the freezer to harden up
stick4.jpg

Once frozen, I removed the pork sticks from the tubes.
stick5.jpg

Coated all with flour, leaving them in the freezer
stick6.jpg

Working in batches of one, I dipped the frozen pulled pork into corn dog batter and fried @ 375*
stick7.jpg
stick8.jpg
stick9.jpg

They were dang good if I do say so myself
stick12.jpg

The test kitchen loved it.
stick14.jpg

Please use this pic and thanks for looking!
stick10.jpg

Back