THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now that might be interesting! Rub or Marinade!:confused:
I used Cherry Kool-Aid in a rub once.:redface: True story.:tsk: I was experimenting with ways to make a Cherry Rub.:rolleyes: It definitely colored the meat..and my hands from rubbing it in a little!:laugh: And the flavor was ALL WRONG!:hand:

All this talk about Kool-Aid is making me hungry and this thread is in serious need of some pron so submitted for your approval without any fancy sponsors this time I present my entry, cook thread can be found here. >> http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1599773#post1599773

legquarters.jpg

legquatersonthegrill.jpg

plated.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
The market this week just happened to have chicken leg quarters on sale for $0.69/lb, always a good bargain at that price. Since I was preparing them for dinner tonite, I might as well throw my hat into the ring. Nothing very fancy in the prep, just simple, tasty chicken!

Packaged -

DSCN1263_l.jpg

Seasoned with a mix of Yardbird and a Paula Deen poultry blend, and out on the Bubba Keg -

DSCN1275_l.jpg

In the last 5 minutes of grilling, just a dab of Honey Mustard BBQ sauce, slightly thinned.

Plated and cut -

DSCN1280_l.jpg

DSCN1281_l.jpg

Nothing like chicken out on the Keg with Yardbird!!

Thanks for checking in on tonite's dinner.

-lunchman

Here's my submission. Leg 1/4's with Adobo rub, grilled tomotillo corn salsa and Spanish rice. Details in Q-talk.

Reposting from Qtalk. Don't want to catch Gore on DQ's. :thumb:

Had to get back to entering. I really love leg 1/4's just grilled and sauced but this is a throw down. Seasoned with Adobo, cumin and garlic. Made a grilled tomotillo corn salsa and Spanish rice. Really did come out excellent.

The ingredients:

attachment.php

The grill shot:

attachment.php

The money shot:

000_0004.jpg

Last edited:
Great entries guys.

Hey Paul. The Master's TD's are a little different. Chris is asking for a pic of the raw meat and then a pic of it on the grill. Trying to show a bit more of the process. Hopefully it isn't too much trouble to add the pics here.

Great entries guys.

Hey Paul. The Master's TD's are a little different. Chris is asking for a pic of the raw meat and then a pic of it on the grill. Trying to show a bit more of the process. Hopefully it isn't too much trouble to add the pics here.

Thanks I put it in QTalk. Wasn't sure where to post these days. I'll add.

Orange Chili Leg Quarters

I didn't know this one was going on, but did some legs last night that came out nicely. Thanks to MidniteSmoke for suggesting I enter here :)

Made a sauce of: Honey, Hoisin sauce, Soy, Chili sauce, Garlic OJ, Orange Zest, and Ginger.

Marinated the chicken overnight
IMG_2352.jpg

Crisped up the skin over Royal Oak with some apple chunks
then moved to the indirect side and did some squash strips (in honey,soy,ginger)
IMG_2353.jpg

Basted the chicken with the reserved sauce.
IMG_2356.jpg

And Garnished with orange slices
IMG_2358.jpg

Hope you enjoy
DD

By the way, I couldn't find a way to use images uploaded to another post, and just re-uploaded them. Is there a way to re-use images?

Back