BBQ Brethren Masters Cut #2 - Spareribs (Closes tomorrow night!)

Chris, some clarification please:

Rules for the current TD:
1. This contest is open from Tuesday 3/15 until the first Monday AFTER the 10th entry is submitted. Dishes must be cooked and photos submitted within this timeframe. The cutoff time to enter your photos is midnight Central US time on the final day.

Your ideas from the previous thread on 3/13:
Well, I kind of liked the idea of opening it and accepting the first 10 entries. That seems pretty cool. However, in order to prevent upsetting people (these are supposed to be fun too), what I would most likely do is simply set the cutoff date to accept entries as the date that the 10th entry was submitted. So when the 10th entry was submitted, if anyone else was cooking that day and wanted to enter, they still can.

The way I interpret the current rules is that you're looking for a minimum of 10 entries and will close the comp the following Monday. The previous thread sets the cutoff as the day the 10th entry is submitted. I pulled my ribs from the freezer with the intention of cooking Friday or Saturday.

Am I looking at doing this cook tomorrow?

Thank you, sir. This gig of yours looks to be a thankless one.

Roger

Chris, some clarification please:
The way I interpret the current rules is that you're looking for a minimum of 10 entries and will close the comp the following Monday. The previous thread sets the cutoff as the day the 10th entry is submitted. I pulled my ribs from the freezer with the intention of cooking Friday or Saturday.

Am I looking at doing this cook tomorrow?

Thank you, sir. This gig of yours looks to be a thankless one.

Roger
It's not limited to just 10, what happens is that once we get 10 entires, that determines when this contest will end, which would be the following Monday. More entries can still be submitted during the time between the 10th entry and the final cutoff Monday.

So you're safe to cook this weekend. If we somehow got to 10 entries today, this thing would not close until the first Monday after today.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, if the 10th entry is posted on a Monday, the contest would end the next Monday after that.

Saved by the camera (and booze)

Aha! I DID take pics once I trimmed the ribs! Right before rubbing with Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple and into the fridge.:clap2:

Anyhow, here's some Memphis Style dry rubbed ribs.

raw.jpg

On the smoker...
smoker.jpg

And on the plate.

plate-2.jpg

I completely forgot about taking the raw pics until I downloaded the camera to the laptop.

... and this is why I wasn't planning on entering. These entries are great. Unfortunately, I already placed a request for some ribs. Definitely will be preparing a zero. Maybe I can take Bob's advice and post the final picture with a bite of steak on a fork. Honey, if you log on before you go to the store tomorrow, can you pick up some porterhouses with those ribs?

This has been an incredible month! First I discover that beef short ribs are actually low in fat and calories, and can even be considered health food. Now I discover from Marty that spare ribs don't have any calories whatsoever!

Wow! So Spareribs are like celery then? It requires more calories to digest them than calories they provide?

I could do a sparerib diet.

I don't think you want to do just spare ribs. I think you have to mix it up with beef short ribs. The secret to success is to have a balanced diet.

Wow, why has this not been shared with me before. I would assume that black pepper and salt are also free of calories? I mean, salt is a rock anyway.

This has been an incredible month! First I discover that beef short ribs are actually low in fat and calories, and can even be considered health food. Now I discover from Marty that spare ribs don't have any calories whatsoever!

I get my ribs from a secret source where they raise non-fat, green, earth friendly, cholesterol free pigs.

Back