THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We would like to go to Italy

I was asked to do my Italian style cheesecake by my 10 year old daughter. So I made one for her and one for a baby shower my wife was going to. They were all shocked when they found out it came off of grill.

Mascarpone Cheesecake with an Almond Cram Cracker Crust
Grillin’
IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4465.jpg

Served up with a Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
This is my entry Pic
IMG_4333.jpg

Thanks for looking and have a good weekend

Really? Sparkly eyes? Has it come down to that?

Gore is entering churros? He made all that great meat and he is entering churros?

That is a great cheesecake Shiz.

Congaree River Lamb

For the entry “Things from somewhere you would like to visit”, like Chef Jim, I was completely overcome with a desire to do up some lamb from New Zealand. I thought I would combine the cooking experience with an actual visit to a place I had wanted to visit. Thus, we jumped in my family’s little houseboat and headed down the Congaree river all the way to where it merges with the Wateree River and then converges into Lake Marion in South Carolina. It is just at this confluence that I fired up my trusty Auspit and went to work in a stunning setting surrounded by marshes, a multitude of birds, cypress trees and jumping fish as the sun began to set.
IMG_5319.JPG

For lamb fans, you may want to have a go at the following marinade (my mom’s), which I only give out to trusted comrades in cuisine: Lime, lemon, as much garlic as you can find, fresh rosemary, oregano, pepper. Usually 6-12 hours is about what you would want to leave it for, but we had inclimate weather Saturday night, so we ended up leaving it marinade for over 30 hours. Turned out to be an OK thing to do, and then some.

I'll let this next one be my entry photo.
IMG_5325.JPG

For what it is worth, I believe this is the first-ever marine use of an Auspit world wide. Had to go with a FireTrough and charcoal because it seemed like a bad idea to fire up my fire pit on the deck. As it is Memorial Day Weekend, cherry wood chips seems to be the most appropriate pairing.
IMG_5335.JPG

Once it was under way, I added some Vidalia onions in the Spitmate Jr. to round out the fare (although I can’t say it was because I have a burning desire to visit the Vidalia Republic.)
IMG_5338.JPG

The meat came out laughingly flavorful and succulent, leaving my mother asking me once again why it comes out so tender this way.

Happy Memorial Day to all!

Back