THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is today the deadline or are we giving this a week or two for the word to reach the far flung parts of The Republic.

While the Declaration was adopted on July 4th, it was not signed until sometime in August. I was thinking of making it as equally vague timeline as when the Declaration of Independence was signed.

While the Declaration was adopted on July 4th, it was not signed until sometime in August. I was thinking of making it as equally vague timeline as when the Declaration of Independence was signed.

I can roll with vague. I've got a plan just don't have time to pull it together today.

"Understand that America is God's Crucible, the great Melting-Pot where all the Meatloaves of Europe are melting and re-forming! Here you stand, good Meatloaf, think I, when I see them at Ellis Island, here you stand in your fifty groups, your fifty languages, and histories, and your fifty blood hatreds and Meatloaves. But you won't be long like that, brothers, for these are the fires of God you've come to – these are fires of God. A Meatloaf for your feuds and vendettas! Germans and Frenchmen, Irishmen and Englishmen, Jews and Russians—into the Crucible with you all! God is making the American Meatloaf."

With that said, here's my Portuguese take on Meatloaf independence.
I stuffed two loaves with 3 sticks of linguiça. Once a random loaf is sliced we'll know if they are coming by land or sea.
meatloaf1.jpg

I glazed it with the new Blues Hog Smokey mountain.
meatloaf2.jpg

And the random loaf tells us that they are coming by land.
meatloaf5.jpg

Thanks for looking, It was awesome and the BH Smokey mountain was a nice change from glazing with Ketchup.

I just had a great idea for a different take on meatloaf, Guerry said it was brilliant. I don't know about that but I think it'll be pretty good. I won't be able to put it together until tomorrow or Thursday though (still recovering from the long weekend laying around watching True Blood):shock:.

I think there were a few who signed YEARS afterward. This could last as long as the pork belly TD.

Considering we don't know when, if ever, the Pork Belly TD will end, I find that statement particularly vague and disturbing. . .

(I've actually managed to cook pork belly 4 times since that TD was posted, 2 slabs of bacon, and 2 other brined/smoked slabs for sandwiches, and I have yet to remember to take a photo before they were cut up and mowed down. Next time I swear I'll enter one to help move things along!)

Lamb Meatloaf

I decided to cook some good old American lamb. Not that commie, tree hugging, PETA loving, Che shagging, Hugo Chavez farking whacko lamb from parts unknown but good old Colorado America lamb (meat AND trimmings).

DSC_0373.jpg

I ground it up in the food processor with an onion, garlic, marjoram, rosemary, salt and pepper and put it into two little loaf pans.

DSC_0374.jpg

I put the little loaf pans on the Weber kettle for 30 minutes or so at 350 or so and then brought them inside while I cooked the corn and toasted the bread. When I got done with the corn and the bread, I took the loafs out of their little loaf pans and put them on the grill to brown the crispy, crusty exterior.

DSC_0375.jpg

Served with corn on the cob, toasted bread and yogurt/cucumber spread - some might call it taziki but here in America it's called yogurt spread.

DSC_0382.jpg

It's what's for dinner at our house tonight. Enjoy!

I never would have figured there is such a thing as commie, tree hugging, PETA loving, Che shagging, Hugo Chavez farking whacko meat. Seems like they would eat a lamb substitute soy product.

I also understand that commie, tree hugging, PETA loving, Che shagging, Hugo Chavez farking whackos love yogurt -- especially with cucumbers. But, they probably would call it taziki.

The food looks great, but isn't it time to come out of the commie, tree hugging, PETA loving, Che shagging, Hugo Chavez farking whacko closet. :heh:

CD

— And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

I love that you left this line unchanged!!!!
Your proclamation (as well as the original) gives me goosebumps!!!!

I haven't been in the TD sub-forum forever!!!!

It was a mere (yet fantastic) coincidence that Mrs. Wampus made up a WONDERFUL meatloaf on the Performer last night. As suggested by so many Brethren on the original thread for this fantastic piece of loafed meat (as seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110717) I proudly enter Mrs. Wampus's first TD entry:
IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

Please use this for her entry:
IMG_2896.jpg

Didn't realize I'd left a toothpick in for that shot. Oh well.......it'll have to do.

This meatloaf had 2.5 lbs of ground beef, 1 lb of ground sausage and a variety of saute'd veggies (including onion, bell pepper and I'm not sure what else) as well as bread crumbs, egg, FRESH BASIL, worchestershire and some other spices that she didn't disclose. Not that it's a secret, I just didn't ask and she didn't tell.

NOTE: I have the full permission of Mrs. Wampus to enter this meatloaf in this Throwdown. I, for one, would NEVER enter a dish that my lovely wife prepared as my own without getting her full and compete consent. That's just the kind of great husband that I am. (BWAAAHAAAHAHAHAAAA!!!!:laugh:)

Her first TD entry.....I'm so proud of her......:becky:
(Technically I placed it on the grill, watched the temps and took it off, but I'm giving her all the credit. She deserves it.:thumb:)

Back