THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well it looks like I will be the first to submit an entry for this throwdown.

Now for your viewing pleasure I present to you smoked meatloaf boats.
To put it simply they are meatloaves constructed of choice ingredients in accordance with my own personal recipe. The boats are filled with homemade macaroni and cheese, topped with slices of provolone. It is then served with garlic bread wrapped and warmed alongside the boats on my drum.

Attachments

• June 28, 2011 010.jpg
    June 28, 2011 010.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 173
  • June 28, 2011 011.jpg
    June 28, 2011 011.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 173
rock802....Smoked Meat Loaf

rock802....Smoked Meat Loaf..... KHF (Kentucky Hunting Forum) member. All I can say is this dude rocks and i will miss him...
rock802.

Here we go!!!

IMG_2301-1-1.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

This Stuff Was Da- Bomb!!!!

IMG_2322.jpg
Proud member of a drinking club
with a BBQ problem

Copy/paste/edit?
Copy/Pasted the original Declaration of Independence text, read through it and applied meatloaf and bbq keywords where they seemed to fit nicely, then when finished I re-read it to make sure it made sense (there were some problems), so I did some quick edits to those few places, then re-read it again, was satisfied and posted it.

The idea was technically inspired by Shiz-Nit from this PM that he sent me last Thursday at 5:35pm (I was offline):
Shiz-Nit said:
Hey I see I won the throwdown with my steak pic. Man that sure made me happy :becky:

Anyway the next thing I would like to pick is;

"Meat Loaf"

I asume I get a certificate for this throwdown to print off also... If so thanks a bunch and have a great weekend.

Jason / AKA Shiz-Nit

When I got online and saw this I felt sort of bad because since it was a SPECIAL Throwdown, he does not get to pick another category. This was my reply at 8:34pm:

bigabyte said:
GAH!:eek: You're killing me!:faint: You don't get to pick the next category when you win a SPECIAL Throwdown!:doh: That's OK, lots of people get confused about that. You see...Guerry already picked the Throwdown for this next week...so there's no place to fit it!:sad:

However...I feel so bad about the confusion (perfectly understandable) that I am going to figure out a way to make this work. There is a 4th of July weekend coming up...and Meatloaf is a very American thing...at least I think so.

So, I am going to do a Special Celebrate America with Meatloaf Throwdown!

See, I can be reasonable.

What are these certificates of which you speak?:becky:

So I started thinking about it and decided to go with a Declaration of Independence theme. By the time I did the copy/paste of the original, made the first pass, and then checked it again twice, I made the OP for this thread.

All told, it was a little over an hour from the reply to Shiz-Nit to the posting of the thread. Sadly, I'm just not as creative as it may appear from the OP. I copied the Declaration word for word, and substituted where it seemed appropriate. So it's only hard to read I guess! Which I know first hand because I re-read it twice to make sure it made sense!:laugh:

Well it looks like I will be the first to submit an entry for this throwdown.

Now for your viewing pleasure I present to you smoked meatloaf boats.
To put it simply they are meatloaves constructed of choice ingredients in accordance with my own personal recipe. The boats are filled with homemade macaroni and cheese, topped with slices of provolone. It is then served with garlic bread wrapped and warmed alongside the boats on my drum.

That's a farking heart attack on a plate... and I want some. :shocked:

CD

• Thanks
Reactions: Al
Okay, I'm in. Here is my entry.

I am an American of Italian heritage, so I call this my Mama Mia Margherita Meatloaf.

Here is the whole cook thread, if you are bored and want something to read. :laugh:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110260

Here is a picture, if you have a short attention span.

It was awesome. Would I lie to you?

CD

Attachments

• MeatloafDone.jpg
    MeatloafDone.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 151
Back