BBQ 101 Class 4/9/16 - Orange CA

DUBBAGA

is One Chatty Farker
California BBQ Association (CBBQA) is hosting a BBQ class on 4/9/16 at the Woodshed in Orange, CA. This is not a comp class, but rather a backyard class, taught by primarily comp cooks. The price is $130 - a steal for what is provided !!

The following information is from their website

It is being sponsored by Brethren: big brother smoke and Stark-O-Rama

During this 6-hour class, some of the best, award-winning pit masters from the CBBQA, students will be guided through the step-by-step process of creating delicious barbeque and will learn:

• How to cook on various equipment including gas grills, charcoal grills & smokers, and pellet grills • What woods to use to add flavor • Best rubs and sauces for each dish • How to create barbequed appetizers • How to prepare traditional BBQ sides • How to grill Santa Maria style tri tip • How to cook BBQ chicken and ribs • Seasonal dishes and more!

Class will conclude with a hearty lunch consisting of appetizers, barbeque, and sides made in class.

Enrollment for this class is limited to 30 students to ensure everyone has the best learning experience possible and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Instructors will vary for each class so be sure to check our schedule.

The California Barbeque Association is a non-profit organization. Proceeds from this class will benefit children’s charities throughout California.

Some of the instructors tentatively scheduled are:

Chris Visconti (Bears-B-Q)
Ed Williams (Thank the Lard) - Brethren
Jerry Aguilar (Burnin' and Lootin') - Brethren
Todd Carpenter (All About the Q) - Brethren
Kathy Murphy - formerly VP of the CBBQA
Bryan Wood (Woody Q)
Rob/Bryan Rice (Twisted Brisket)

My wife and I will be there helping out. Realistically, we will be the Pit Bitches for Tim Wong (Dead Pig Walking) - Brethren

If you see Tim (or whatever alias he happens to be using), be sure to say hello ... fyi: much like Lotso from Toy Story 3, he's a hugger !!

Hope to see some familiar Brethren faces, and hopefully some new ones as well

Last edited:
That might be a little tricky for me to pull off, based on what I've got going on that weekend, but it might be doable - hopefully I can make it - sounds fantastic. Thanks for the heads up!

This class was rescheduled from 4/9/16 due to the weather. It is now being held on 5/21/16, and due to a few people that were unable to make the new date, there are some seats still available

LimitedTimeOffer.gif

http://californiabbqinstitute.com/classes/cbbqa101-may21/

Back