THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Well more like somewhere around 1200, but it didn't even feel like it because there were some amazing farkers there to help me out - campdude and Offthehook. I've done a fair amount of cooking with campdude and that's a always a great time, but this is the first time I met Offthehook and his screen name is more than fitting. This dude came in and kicked arse, as did campdude. There is no farking way I could have pulled this off without these guys. My sons helped out as well and I'm very proud of them.

It was an event for an organization called "Foster Care Counts", honoring families that have taken in foster children. We got tapped to do the hot dogs, and we did 'em. It was interesting that people were asking for them burnt, so burn them we did.

Offthehook at the serving table and campdude running the hell out of the cookers.

photo-121.jpg

We ran with the Old Smokey, the WSM (the body of which was given to me by Moose), and the BW Chubby (won by a raffle by the Gainesville Jaycees, courtesy abangs). I love that Brethren do cool things, and more cool things spring from their actions.

photo-128.jpg

The Jumbo Joe

photo-123.jpg

The WSM - took out the water pan, used donut racks (first ones I found were chromed, had to take them back and get other ones - these racks increased the capacity by a lot).

photo-124.jpg

The champ cooker of the day - the BW Chubby - especially the top rack. Ran the water pan full of wadded up foil and covered with foil. Had to replenish charcoal in all cookers at a couple points later in the day but it was all good.

photo-122.jpg

Nachos to our right.

photo-127.jpg

Other food provided by Wolfgang Puck.

photo-125.jpg

The crowd ebbed and flowed throughout the day, and it was kinda hard to gauge what was needed - but we dang sure never ran out - or even came close. I wanna say a big thanks to Campdude and Offthehook for helping me out with this - these guys - and my sons - helped make for a fantastic day. :clap2:

Thanks for looking!

Glad to help out, gtr. It was a fun day cooking and hanging out with you and Offthehook. Here's a couple more pics off my camera. gtr running the show! Loading up the bazillion hot dogs and Offthehook serving them up.

Attachments

• 0511141149-01 (Small).jpg
    0511141149-01 (Small).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 0511141246-00 (Small).jpg
    0511141246-00 (Small).jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 322
  • 0511141246-01 (Small).jpg
    0511141246-01 (Small).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 322
  • 0511141350-00 (Small).jpg
    0511141350-00 (Small).jpg