THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those of you that have sent PM's regarding my sledcast and thought it was real:shock::shock::shock: DOH!!! On another note. whenever you speak or write about the contest from here on out please refer to it as "The Battle":biggrin:

You SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tricia is sitting here cursing - no F'en way are we sleeping onsite.

OK - now get us a REAL SledCast!

We didn't have the requisite interest in a competition with kids cooking, so we are turning things around and our Kids Q will be the competitors cooking kids.

It's a bit gruesome, yes, but it is right before Halloween.

Eric

I want a fat one. They self-baste!!!:eek::eek:

You SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tricia is sitting here cursing - no F'en way are we sleeping onsite.

OK - now get us a REAL SledCast!
Its a bit early but here is the REAL Sledcast.This is not a goof. Go to accuweather and punch in sayville then go to days 11-15. Things change so I would not go by this but it is not that far off. That is why this is a sport ladies and gents

Friday, Oct 24
02.gif

High: 56 °F RealFeel®: 54 °F
Mostly sunny

Friday Night, Oct 24
35.gif

Low: 41 °F RealFeel®: 31 °F
Patchy clouds

Saturday, Oct 25
18.gif

High: 51 °F RealFeel®: 37 °F
Very windy; cold with rain

Saturday Night, Oct 25
29.gif

Low: 38 °F RealFeel®: 22 °F
Very windy; cold with rain mixing with snow

THis from a different service
Fri, Oct 24
sprinkles.gif

Sprinkles late. Mostly cloudy. Cool. 56°F 43°F 23 mph / N 76% 51°F Minimal 37% 0.05"

Sat, Oct 25
rain.gif

Numerous showers. A mixture of sun and clouds. Cool. 52°F 42°F 40 mph / W 72% 44°F Minimal 100% 0.73"

is that with the wind chill factor ??

Bonus question - What is your forecast for the Dow Jones avg. this week ? How about temps in Lynchburg for the Jack ?
The wind chill is the real feel Dow jones will be up thgen down then up then down. Lynchburg will be chilly, 50s in the day 30s at night

If you would be willing to cook up a butt or two that is provided to you so that we can feed volunteers at the event, please let me know. Clearly there would be no expense and minimal effort for you.

Thanks!

Eric

Eric,
For planning purposes, what day would you need us to cook the butts? Also, who/where do we need to pick them up from?

Eric,
For planning purposes, what day would you need us to cook the butts? Also, who/where do we need to pick them up from?

As long as you let me know at the cooks meeting that you are willing, I will have someone deliver it right to you.

I will need some on both Saturday and Sunday, so if you were able to volunteer for either it would help.

Thanks,

Eric

So, who is in for the Potluck and what are you making.

I'm putting in an early request for Skippy Burgers.

If (and this is a big if) I have time, I'm going to make ABT's and maybe some other appetizer type of deal. If I do, I'll need space on someones grill or smoker On the other hand, I'm probably going to be crazy busy Thursday and Friday. Maybe I'll just buy some dessert type stuff.

Eric

If (and this is a big if) I have time, I'm going to make ABT's and maybe some other appetizer type of deal. If I do, I'll need space on someones grill or smoker On the other hand, I'm probably going to be crazy busy Thursday and Friday. Maybe I'll just buy some dessert type stuff.

Eric
keep dreaming skip will be in washington dc on fri till sat

Event Shirts

Hi,

The tee shirts for the event look pretty sweet. If those who aren't going to be able to attend would like to get one, let me know and I will try to get the Chamber to hold some on the side.

I believe that they will be $15.00 and they go up to 3x.

I'll try to post a picture asap.

Eric

Eric

Blazin Nuttz will be cooking up some grub. Not sure exactly what platter we're bringing at this point. Tomorrow afternoon we're having a team get together to make our final arrangements for the comp. More info to follow tomorrow night.

Blazin Nuttz will be cooking up some grub. Not sure exactly what platter we're bringing at this point. Tomorrow afternoon we're having a team get together to make our final arrangements for the comp. More info to follow tomorrow night.

I have a few points in the freezer and I'm thinking about making burnt ends. We'll decide tomorrow for sure.

What time is the potluck? Will be pulling in around 8pm on Friday, and can maybe do some dessert, not sure if I'll be too late to take part. Got some setting up to do and want to get it done early before I crash. ex

What time is the potluck? Will be pulling in around 8pm on Friday, and can maybe do some dessert, not sure if I'll be too late to take part. Got some setting up to do and want to get it done early before I crash. ex

Julie recommended an 8:00 start for dinner.

8:00 pm is the turn in for the chili. That really shouldn't impact anyone too much. You might want to make it 8:15 for anyone who wants to compete or 8:30 or so if you want to include organizers or reps.

Eric

Sledcast
Friday, Oct 24
02.gif

High: 56 °F RealFeel®: 51 °F
Mostly sunny

Friday Night, Oct 24
34.gif

Low: 44 °F RealFeel®: 36 °F
Mainly clear and breezy

Saturday, Oct 25
06.gif