THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great times were had by all

I want to thank everyone who helped out by donating to Breast Cancer Help we really do appreicate it and to Eric who was able to line up the worlds largest holder of 4 4ft grills that i got to cook on all weekend as well as the charity chicken and rib turns. every little bit helps and everyone did a great job

Thanks again

It was nice having the grill master from the Johnsonville truck stop by camp Westex for from some shelter from the storm Saturday night,
the rain and winds were fierce....just listen to SIDE's video clip...we had no lights for a few hours to add a little fun to boot......

Attachments

It was nice having the grill master from the Johnsonville truck stop by camp Westex for from some shelter from the storm Saturday night,
the rain and winds were fierce....just listen to SIDE's video clip...we had no lights for a few hours to add a little fun to boot......

It was nice to meet you Wes and Fred- hope to see you guys again soon.

I have a pic of the naked dance, unfortunately the photo didn't come out from when we put her in Mike's tent, not that it was that great; you would think someone would have more of reaction when they wake up and find a naked 65 year old woman standing over them. Good times though!

Next year I'm packing out a dance platform and a pole. In expectation that hotter ladies come by. Then I won't be so quick to bring them into a sleeping mans tent. But as the good man Bob S. said "She was a solid 2. :mrgreen:

2 for taste, tenderness or appearance? That was the highlight of my weekend.
Next year I'm packing out a dance platform and a pole. In expectation that hotter ladies come by. Then I won't be so quick to bring them into a sleeping mans tent. But as the good man Bob S. said "She was a solid 2. :mrgreen:

Great time, disregarding the Saturday night weater. Great contest to get your feet wet :cool:

feetweb.jpg

You know just jump in and swim...

drips.jpg

flood.jpg

After all this we still managed to have a ton of fun, thanks to all involved.

Personally, I think the ice cream truck took the cake - The choc dipped cone was off the hook!!! Tasted as creamy as the Frozen Custard we have here. And Pigmaker can tell you, that's a feat. :)

Ok,ok, there was that trophy thingy, too.:twisted:

Pictures soon, of Lady Liberty's homecoming in KS :p

Expect a D&R thread soon.... Too much fun this season culminating for the year in Sayville to stuff in here....

Ok,ok, there was that trophy thingy, too.:twisted:

Pictures soon, of Lady Liberty's homecoming in KS :p

Expect a D&R thread soon.... Too much fun this season culminating for the year in Sayville to stuff in here....
Congrats to you and the team.:wink:

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!.....We had a blast....Where do I begin?

This was our first time out and we truely had an amazing time. I just want to thank Eric and Phil for putting this all together even though Phil spent most of his time breaking my chops (but I'll forgive him since he is the Poobah...hehe). I also want to thank the guys from Out of The Ashes and Everyone from Swamp Pit for all their help this weekend. You have no idea how much it meant to me and the rest of my team the help that you provided. I also want to thank all the college kids, they did a wonderful job this weekend.

It was absolutely AMAZING coming in 2nd place in grilling. That feeling was intense. Needless to say, I think I am hooked now. Congrats to everyone who walked this weekend and congrats to everywho didn't walk. As far as I am concerned we all did a fantastic job in those rainy conditions.

On another note, I have been to several competitions as just a spectator and have felt quite welcome by all of you, but this time I really felt like a part of the family and you guys and gals hold a very special place in my heart. Ok, I'm done sounding like a big moosh-ball.....Thanks Everyone.

Here's a couple of pics including the empire state trophy held by the too fruity hunters (NTTAWWT) and the worlds biggest small grill holder.

CIMG2099.jpg

CIMG2102.jpg

CIMG2106.jpg

CIMG2111.jpg

WHEW!!! What a great event!! Thanks to Eric, Phil, the Chamber, the Town of Sayville and all the volunteers and other parties involved.

Linda, Jerry, Don and Leslie also get thanks and credit for running another great event.

Where to I start? I had to work all week at the restaurant until late at night so most of all the prep and packing was done by my wonderful teammate and patient wife, Trish. Nonthink and two other Chris’ were also tremendous helpers and we could not have been setup without them. Nonthink is a great teammate and we are happy to have him onboard.

I got there Saturday eve around 11pm and found the WSMs heating up in the pouring rain and the meat was all trimmed and ready to go. Next time we are using a tarp or canopy to cover the cookers. The wet and cold affected the cook times and temps.

We had some flooding but most of our inside area was dry, thank God. PRO TIP: Bring rubber boots. I am so glad I had my Penn boots from West Marine.

Got to see some vets and some newbies, too. Like I said to the new teams, a newbie team always gets a walk!!

We were psyched to get an 8th place walk in Ribs and we can’t wait for next year!!

Hello everyone. I just wanted to thank everyone for for this weekend that help us out for our first time out.. It was great weekend even with the rain.. i had a great time there.. Thank you all again we couldn't done it with out some help.

The best time!

Just wanted to say to all the Brethren in Sayville that we had a great time this past weekend. It was an honor to once again cook against the mighty Smoke on Wheels. Congratulations on your Empire State Championship and best to you the rest of 2009.

Eric you did a perfect job and we cannot wait to catch the ferry to Long Island again next year.

It was very nice to make some new connections and put some faces to this blog.

Just wanted to say to all the Brethren in Sayville that we had a great time this past weekend. It was an honor to once again cook against the mighty Smoke on Wheels. Congratulations on your Empire State Championship and best to you the rest of 2009.

Eric you did a perfect job and we cannot wait to catch the ferry to Long Island again next year.

It was very nice to make some new connections and put some faces to this blog.

Congrats on the big win!

Back