THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even with the terrible weather....I had a great time and managed to not come home empty handed (Rubber Chicken...woo hoo!!!). Thanks to Eric and Phil for putting together such a great and well organized event. Congrats to all who walked!! Looking forward to next year and "passing the chicken" to next year's 13th place holder. Lot's of fun. I managed to miss the naked dance. How did that happen?

Special thanks to Julie from Swamp Pit who was nice enough to share her knowledge on garnishing the turn ins with putting greens.

Yes, there was someone videotaping with professional gear, don't know who they were shooting for though.

The fellow who was in charge of the videotaping gave me his card. He is Justin Baez a producer/reporter for Channel 12/Cablevision News. He suggested calling to find out when the footage will appear.

Also - special congrats to Smokehouse Rules for winning the prestigious Sledneck Memorial 13th Place Chicken Award !!

Nice Job guys... placing 13th is not so easy.

While I am happy to congratulate Smokehouse Rules on joining the proud few who have acheived membership in the Thirteenth Place Chicken Society, I have to admit that I was disappointed when a minor improvement in the quality of our chicken caused us to end up in 12th place and miss our chance of being the first team to take the coveted "Double Crown": 13th place chicken at both WilliePalooza and the Battle of the Brethren in the same year. So close!! This should be a lesson to all. Without constant vigilance, one little slip and Bang!, better chicken.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and talked to us! Thanks Eric for the nice words at the awards. I heard them but was blocked in the back of the crowd behind some vendors trying to make my way in lol. Had a great time.

Thanks Clint for the pseudo-moonshine. It was an experience!

I was told though that the rain was taken care of before I headed up. It was completely taken care of guys! Thanks and maybe next year I'll pass on the seconds. lol!

Great time, good food, great crowds and even better competitors!

It was our first comp. We learned a ton and have an awesome time. Thanks to all of you who stopped by to comment on the smoker, logo or just to say hello. We all felt very warmly welcomed. We'll work on the most important stuff (the meat) for next season!

Sled, unfortunately I got to awards with my video camera and realized I didn't have batteries in it. I did, however, get some footage of the storm here. I got a little more from Saturday and the dude from Next Food Network Star hanging out in my site Sunday but I felt sick all weekend so I laid down a bunch and didn't get to film as much as I hoped.

Oh, and the world's largest grill is a scam.

worlds largest scam only had like 3 or 4 6foot grills in there~~~! I dont care if they were raising money for breast cancer(i do care) but if you are gonna claim the worlds largest grill, it'd better be more than a couple gassers thrown into a huge pit

did you film the expose? (pronounce that a little french and youll get what I meant to spell)

I have some footage to make it, though I didn't get a chance to go and question the guy Dateline style. I had planned to cook the world's largest meat kebob on it and it wouldn't fit a 15 foot rod of meat.

By the way, I think some lady from a meat store gave me a brochure at the turn-in table. Anyone know the name of the place? I lost the brochure.

Main Street Meats in Farmingdale.

Eric

I have some footage to make it, though I didn't get a chance to go and question the guy Dateline style. I had planned to cook the world's largest meat kebob on it and it wouldn't fit a 15 foot rod of meat.

By the way, I think some lady from a meat store gave me a brochure at the turn-in table. Anyone know the name of the place? I lost the brochure.

We were very happy to get our first walk in ribs. If we get enough medals, maybe we can make a trophy out of them?:biggrin:

I want to thank Chris, Nonthink, for being such a help. He worked non-stop and made things so much easier for me/us.

We had fun hanging out with Smokin' Irish - you guys were cool.

Loved the "Sit. Smoke. Good piggie" sign, but I missed the hats.

Congrats to JimDandy for doing so well in grilling.

Congrats to the current holders of the 13th place chicken :lol: (been there, done that, had the chicken)

A big congrats to Andy for the Empire State Championship. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Am still feeling very tired today, but a few nights of sleep should help that.

Another year of great fun! Congrats to our New York team... Smoke on Wheels...they should have residence here by next year :wink::biggrin:

Congrats to everyone that walked!

and a big thank you to everyone that makes this event happen!!:biggrin::biggrin:

so is it May yet? can't believe the season is over :frown:

Hi,

Whether you were a judge, an attendee or most importantly, a team; I would very much appreciate your feedback on the event.

Please email me with your thoughts. General thought, what can be improved and what went well.

Thanks!

Eric

s a b e r i n c (at) v e r i z o n (dot) n e t

Bad news to every overall finisher that came in 20th place or higher...my mom just emailed me to inform me that I'm 1st in her book.

Not sure how the judges books could have gotten so screwed up. Oh well no biggy. If Meat at Slims could please private message me I'll get you the address to send the winnings to and everyone in between just shift yourselves down one spot. Ok?

Thanks for being cool about this.

Team BBQ's Brothers

Bad news to every overall finisher that came in 20th place or higher...my mom just emailed me to inform me that I'm 1st in her book.

Not sure how the judges books could have gotten so screwed up. Oh well no biggy. If Meat at Slims could please private message me I'll get you the address to send the winnings to and everyone in between just shift yourselves down one spot. Ok?

Thanks for being cool about this.

Team BBQ's Brothers
LMAO- that's great.

Even with the terrible weather....I had a great time and managed to not come home empty handed (Rubber Chicken...woo hoo!!!). Thanks to Eric and Phil for putting together such a great and well organized event. Congrats to all who walked!! Looking forward to next year and "passing the chicken" to next year's 13th place holder. Lot's of fun. I managed to miss the naked dance. How did that happen?

Special thanks to Julie from Swamp Pit who was nice enough to share her knowledge on garnishing the turn ins with putting greens.
Congrats again on winning the coveted chicken award. You will not be "passing the chicken" next year rather it is referred to as "flipping the bird" to the next winner.Also if anybody had any pics please post them

Thank you Eric, Phil and every one else that was responsible for putting this year's event together. We had a great time as always. It was cool hanging out with the guys from Smokers Lounge and Jim Dandy's. If it didn't rain so much Sat. night, maybe we could have met some more cool people. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics.

Congrats to all who walked!

Feedback for Eric:
1. Celeb judges were awesome! I got a pic with Robert (biggins) from Hell's Kitchen!
2. The college kids that helped out were great!
3. On site judging for Grill Day- not a fan.

Thanks again for all of your hard work Eric!

Back