THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13 Hrs in the Cimmaron, 160 internal temp wrapped and into the oven :( went the wuss route for now. When the flat hits 200 gonna let 'em rest for 60 to 90 mins then separate the flats off for slicing and the points will be skinned and rerubbed and back in cherry smoke for a few more hours. Burnt ends at casa KC tonight :D :D It maybe 24 hours after I started cooking but I gots to have some Double Smokey Brownies.

Well, we just woke up and filled the Klose up, again!

We're still pulling ribs and one brisket is foiled and the other is hung at 150 :D

We just loaded a pork butt and two pork tenderloins and Phil's yakking about stuffing the jalapenos :twisted:

Oh yeah - the web cam is back up and running.

OK. I just turned my butts for the first time. They've been in for 6 hours and I just sprayed them. Probably foil them in about 3 more hours.

Where the fark is BRD? Oh - and that guy Colt? Sun has set - few folks sucking tequila again, but pretty quiet overall. Musta been one hell of a night last night.

tommykendall said:
Where the fark is BRD? Oh - and that guy Colt? Sun has set - few folks sucking tequila again, but pretty quiet overall. Musta been one hell of a night last night.

Packing tape and U-Haul mod?

The OL and I nearly ate this whole flat. She talked me into saving the points to do at my folks next weekend. Glad she did I'm farkin' tired. Thanks for lettin' me hang out at the Bash. Been a great weekend, glad I have tomorrow to rest up.

OK Farkers, wish I were there, but while you guys are having a great time, I installed the biggest DRAIN MOD ever by a Brethen Member!

For the full story, review the updated post "Recipe for Smoked Trout?".

Big Al's Drain MOD.....Installed.

Thought I post pics of the lake drain grate that I designed which was installed today.

The grate is hinged at the top and a chain is pulled up which causes the trapped beaver cut sticks to be dumped on to the remoavable expanded metal culvert cover. The removable cover allows access to the original drain grid, if necessary.

Prior to the MOD, the owners had to drive to the lodge every couple of days, put on waders and clean out the drain grate by hand (this water is real cold, altitude is 9,000 ft) to keep the lake from overflowing.

They will still have to drive up to the lodge and pull the chain but now the sticks will dump out and then be cleaned up.

Last day at mecca. What a fun weekend. Thanks Phil! Well we cooked a little bit of everything and managed to not set ourselves on fire. That's a plus.

Nobody threw up either. Another plus.

The food and fellowship with my brothers was beyond compare. I can't wait to see the pictures when they get posted, well most of them anyway.

Something mysteriously happened to the 13 racks of ribs that were present. Doesn't matter there is way to much food going on at this place. I'm gonna have to ask the stewardess for a seat belt extender for the flight back this afternoon.

Oh , the stories that can't be told. I guess you had to be there.

It was also fun chatting with all of the brethren that couldn't make it. Sorry about the butt shots on the web cam, but that cabo wabo will make ya do stupid stuff.

Run down of the food that was cooked.
10 slabs of ribs. Some Spares and some baby backs
3 more slabs were brought by new member Will (grill King). Good stuff.
2 briskets were cooked(2 more still in the fridge)
1 butt. I know there are more of those in the fridge. Will brought some pulled pork also
1 hangar steak (don't ask new to me also)
1 prime rib roast
A mess of Dinosaur bones. ( beef short ribs) Interesting cut, but needs sauce in my opinion.
Garlic bread with all kinds of stuff on it. Good stuff Phil!
A massive pot of chili that never seemed to get smaller even though it was constantly being eaten.
Chicken Wings
Bacon wrapped scallops
Sugared pineapple
Sugared mango
100 plus turds
7 fatties. Still a couple of those in the firdge
1 big fat fattie. A 5 pound fattie made out of italian sausage and stuffed with Chipotle peppers that looked like a leaky ass when sliced but tasted much better than a leaky ass.
2 pork loins
a couple pounds of boar's head sausage
a few hotdogs here and there
Nuts on the menu consisted of cajun from texoma, habanero pistachios, and best of all was Ray's nuts.

Alright now I am hungry again. I'm gonna fire something up and eat it.

Later.

Big Al, Great grate/ drain mod. Looks like the kind of common sense solution combined with quality work we know from your baskets. Nice job!

Phil and IT crew at the Bash, Thanks so much for the cam and chat, I would loved to have been there to shake hands with everyone and sampled some of the food but other than those two things I don't feel I missed anything else. Fellowship was in full swing through cyberspace and I REALLY enjoyed it. Hope all the Brothers have a safe trip home.

i had a really good time last night and it was fun to meet everybody. I dont know how much my wife likes you guys after the bombs i was dropping last night. Speaking of bombs Phil how are you daughter and her friend doing. Have they recover from the small one on the deck.
What about that duck holy s--- ( pun intended)
The ribs you gave me to take home were good but I had to add some sauce this morning I'm a sauce type of guy i like my ribs wet. Did try a fattie for the first time last night and also had my firsrt heart attack right after. LMAO
I really enjoyed finding people who love to BBQ as much as I do and look forward to meeting more of you in the futrue.
Ate some great food and made some new friends
A BIG THANK YOU TO SHARON FOR HOSTING

Everybody have a safe trip home

Home! Great weekend! Stopped at the saloon on the way home and had 8 or so rum and diets and about a half a bottle of cabo. Yeehah!!!!!!!

TK's flight home got farked but that is for someone else to tell.

I was without camera, so I am waiting for cabo to spend a day uploading.

You guys are gonna see some really cool stuff. As far as the aprons and hats go, don't even ask. Anybody making it to the Sep. bash will get a set. After that who knows.

As far as bash bites go................. you don't want to even know. Too farking funny what an ass load of cabo will make you say. Sorry guys.

Anybody ever take a crap so big that it makes your pants fit better?

How about one with a smoke ring?

later.

OK... you guys had way too much fun.. and I'm jealous.... If I can make it in September I'll be there.. let me know the dates so I can keep it open... and you're right .. Sharon is a trip and a wonderful hostess... you guys didn't violate Patrick Star did you?.. he's mine..... hands off! Thanks for the nice words about my Nutz!.......really wish I could have been there....let me know about September.. I'll book a flight now....Was Yola there too?.. she's a sweetheart.. even if she is you MOL, Phil...

Ray

Sounds like a good time was had by all that B3...I too am jealous... the run down of the food looks like a replay of B2...way to much, but the best tasting that I ever had.
I hope everyone got home safe and the hangovers aren't to bad, Looking at the Sept. bash
but may have a prior commitment.

How about one with a smoke ring?
ROTFLMFAO....for about 30 mins now!
If you've ever taken a dump and it had a smoke ring, you just might be......
That Greg is a true classic!

Back