Barrell House Cooker

So these facts are not in dispute:

PBC was on the market first.
BHC owner was a vacuum canister manufacturer. They did not make smokers.
PBC owner Noah approaches BHC owner and begins negotiations, sharing specs of the smoker.
BHC stops deal with PBC and starts making their own smokers.

You make your own decision.

Pretty much sums it up. I would not want to reward someone for doing this by buying their product.

I agree this was a sh^&*y thing to do, and I won't be buying one. The lawsuit doc makes multiple references to signing non-disclosures, but no mention of signing any non-compete agreements. I fear this will be factor in the outcome of the lawsuit.

I agree this was a sh^&*y thing to do, and I won't be buying one. The lawsuit doc makes multiple references to signing non-disclosures, but no mention of signing any non-compete agreements. I fear this will be factor in the outcome of the lawsuit.
Hard to compete in the market with a copy without disclosing that you copied a design.

Hard to compete in the market with a copy without disclosing that you copied a design.

IMnotalwaysHO, if they would have stuck to a larger version of the smaller cooker they make, and not imitated the PBC, I think they would have done better. That would be legit competition against the WSM, but still unquestionable integrity.

Don't confuse using a secret, and disclosing a secret.

If you tell someone your secret recipe for a BBQ sauce, and they make it and sell it, it does not mean they have disclosed your secret recipe.

Back