THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK... You go first.

:rolleyes: :-D

OK... My turn...

pottytrain1.gif

Bad enuff Saturday that the new cooker wasnt workin right that killed my ribs and chicken,theen on the way home I had a fire in the old cooker.pretty much destroyed the cook and the burn chambers in the Stumps Clone.Been pretty much kickin myself in the balls since saturday.I did talk with my insurance folks and they may have something for me maybe not.I guess its time to start building again.I must have not gotten all of the charcoal out of the chute and when I got going down the highway it must have broke loose.my door gaskets are around 8-900 degree stuff and they are hardened.So I guess it was a little warm.:mad:Lots of lessons learned this weekend.I just must have done a half assed clean out cause I was so pissed at my self for the bad ribs and chicken.

I understand your hesitation, but if everyone holds off then they will never get 25 teams confirmed and we'll all be sitting on our hands. Unless folks want to drive to Ohio, which is a haul from NW IL and SE WI, there isn't another comp after Arthur. I'd like to see this one make it since it is so close.

I have submitted my app. and monies, Also for the Comcast chili.

:-D

Bad enuff Saturday that the new cooker wasnt workin right that killed my ribs and chicken,theen on the way home I had a fire in the old cooker.pretty much destroyed the cook and the burn chambers in the Stumps Clone.Been pretty much kickin myself in the balls since saturday.I did talk with my insurance folks and they may have something for me maybe not.I guess its time to start building again.I must have not gotten all of the charcoal out of the chute and when I got going down the highway it must have broke loose.my door gaskets are around 8-900 degree stuff and they are hardened.So I guess it was a little warm.:mad:Lots of lessons learned this weekend.I just must have done a half assed clean out cause I was so pissed at my self for the bad ribs and chicken.

You stil have WSM's... Come on down...

anybody know what the team count for Barn Burner is currently? Looks like we are going and sending check tomorrow.

Taking Maggie back to Lamb's Farm to see her 'orphanage'!!

That sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the insurance thing works out.

anybody know what the team count for Barn Burner is currently? Looks like we are going and sending check tomorrow.

Taking Maggie back to Lamb's Farm to see her 'orphanage'!!

Uh-oh, the Scotsmen are coming, the Scotsmen are coming!!

I'm keeping an eye on this one and will probably make up my mind on attending next week. It looks like it is shaping up to be a doozy of a contest.

Come on down

I'm keeping an eye on this one and will probably make up my mind on attending next week. It looks like it is shaping up to be a doozy of a contest.

Aubrey, you and the Badger Freeman's have got to make this contest. We were there last year and it was a great cook. Don't forget, breakfast is on us:razz:

Coz, so sorry to hear about your calamity with the cooker. That sucks. None the less, come on down to Libertyville. It's a great cook and we really look forward to seeing you.

I will have to see how the wife feels about it after the Royal.I would like to do another but cant commit with out her approval.I have a buddy who is dying to do another contest so I gotta talk with him.Tween the two of us we have plenty of WSMs.And folks the good folks at our insurance agency delivered a check to my wifes office today to help with the bite of the loss of the clone.They saw fit to get us enough money to build a new one.I am impressed with the service.And they asked us about doing the pulled pork for a couple upcoming parties.

Last edited:
I will have to see how the wife feels about it after the Royal.I would like to do another but cant commit with out her approval.I have a buddy who is dying to do another contest so I gotta talk with him.Tween the two of us we have plenty of WSMs.And folks the good folks at our insurance agency delivered a check to my wifes office today to help with the bite of the loss of the clone.They saw fit to get us enough money to build a new one.I am impressed with the service.And they asked us about doing the pulled pork for a couple upcoming parties.

Which insurance policy did it get covered by? Your home owners? I don't plan on burning up my backwoods, but you didn't plan on burning up the clone either. You never know.

If I do come over for this contest, it will be with my wife too. I know my brother can't make it, but I am jonesing for another contest. I should know next week.

Dang Bud.....wish i wasn't cooking that weekend, be cool to tag along for old times sake! :biggrin:

Of course i'd wear a blindfold.....:cool:

Weather Check!!!!!

Just did a long range forcast for the 17th & 18th....

Friday - High of 60 and partly cloudy, Low of 44 also cloudy

Saturday - High of 62 and mostly cloudy...

NO TALK OF RAIN OR SNOW!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back