Bargain grill closeout at Sears

S

skullbone smoker

Was looking for a top for a new UDS I'm building. No luck on an old Weber on CL. Saw an ad for Sears -BBQ Pro 22-1/2" grill. Checked it out; they're on closeout for less than $30. It's not a Weber, but the top fits a 55-gal drum (bottom) perfectly.:-D

I have one of these for my UDS. I actually like it better than the weber because the dome is higher. I tried a weber lid for some time, then switched back to the BBQ Pro lid shortly thereafter. I got mine on some sort of closeout deal - $9 because the wheels were missing.

I've been unsuccessfully looking for a cheap used Weber for quite some time. Seems loke everybody around here wants $50 for them. I may have to give up on the Weber and go for one of these for my UDS lid and grate. Thanks for the lead!

I have the lid from one of these grills on my UDS. I chose not to let it know the lid came from a Sears Companion grill and it has yet to ask me about it.

The lid is higher than a Weber lid.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361450443.182167.jpg

I've been unsuccessfully looking for a cheap used Weber for quite some time. Seems loke everybody around here wants $50 for them. I may have to give up on the Weber and go for one of these for my UDS lid and grate. Thanks for the lead!
Used Webers around here run $15-$40. You can find them just about every week.

I would just go with a used weber if possible. I had a char broil brand I got for 35$ a few years back that looked a lot like this one and it completely rusted over after 2 or 3 summers. It seemed like they put all the porcelain and good stuff on the lid, because the lid looked fine and the bottom was completely rusted out -the ash catcher fell out of the rusted area and spilled hot coals on my deck (I've since learned my lesson on being a cheaparse). The lid would however probably be fine on a UDS- when my grill went kaplunk, I sold mine to a guy to make a uds with it.

Back