THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chico1911

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Brian
Finally got my BBQ shack done and the new Bandera moved in. Working on mods now. I’ve lined the bottom of the smoke chamber with fire bricks, welded in a piece of 10 gauge steel in fire box lid, made basket from expanded metal and sealed all the doors with Lavalock door seal.

What’s next ?????

Should I line the firebox?
Right now the basket is sitting on the fire rack and ash pan. It seems pretty high. Figure the air flow is good and like the idea of the ash pan. Maybe shorten the legs on the rack, drop it down some and still have air flow???

Any suggestions appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

Attachments

• EB3F2F7C-183C-4F38-9BA7-B0E78BF2FA4E.jpg
    EB3F2F7C-183C-4F38-9BA7-B0E78BF2FA4E.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 722C317D-E3D7-4229-9DE0-437C46309D99.jpg
    722C317D-E3D7-4229-9DE0-437C46309D99.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 49
Great looking job lining your cook chamber floor, I think it's going to be difficult to keep clean :shock:

Here's the basket I made:
attachment.php

Here's my basket in the firebox:

attachment.php

Thank you. I like how you did the firebox and basket.

For the smoke chamber I’m working on a removable metal tray to slide in and out.

I’d ditch the firebrick - lid mod is Good, baffle is Good - skip gaskets and burn splits. Run a water pan in floor of cook chamber.

Last edited:
Back