THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
Well, I said to my wife about trying out baking cookies tonight. Technically last night. She promised my son a cookie for breakfast if he would just go to bed. Kind of dragging arse with this lol. So I was really planning to do this tomorrow or I guess later today when the sun is up lol. Anyways got some chocolate chip cookies on the grill. How many kids get fresh baked cookies with their breakfast ? LOL I don't think my parents would have ever done this. Oh well its an excuse to put the GMG DB through its paces and see what it can do. I really am impressed with this grill and its 7 years old already and it was not taken care of. I am amazed it just fires up and just needs some touch up paint. I cleaned it up and seasoned it already and it looks great inside. So yeah at 2:20 am I am baking cookies when I should be asleep lol. At least I will know in less than 5 minutes whether or not this will be a success. :laugh:

I have pics but the image host I have been using does not seem to be working. I will check again later and if that doesn't work find another image host.
In the words of a great monster "Me like cookies!"- Cookie Monster

<sigh> it was so much easier when you could just beat your kids into submission!

Other than keeping the heat out of your house i guess i don't see a lot of value to baking cookies on a grill. are they on there long enough to pick up any flavor? i have make some crisps & cobblers on my pbc that turned out pretty good. that said, i watched an interesting Symon's Suppers where michael symon made some HUGE chocolate chip cookies on the grill that looked awesome. i may have to rethink this.

I baked some on my Pitboss copperhead 5 and on my Shirley. They were both running at 350*, so there was barely any smoke flavor. Either way it got me out of the house lol.

Back