Baking on the Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
Well, I said to my wife about trying out baking cookies tonight. Technically last night. She promised my son a cookie for breakfast if he would just go to bed. Kind of dragging arse with this lol. So I was really planning to do this tomorrow or I guess later today when the sun is up lol. Anyways got some chocolate chip cookies on the grill. How many kids get fresh baked cookies with their breakfast ? LOL I don't think my parents would have ever done this. Oh well its an excuse to put the GMG DB through its paces and see what it can do. I really am impressed with this grill and its 7 years old already and it was not taken care of. I am amazed it just fires up and just needs some touch up paint. I cleaned it up and seasoned it already and it looks great inside. So yeah at 2:20 am I am baking cookies when I should be asleep lol. At least I will know in less than 5 minutes whether or not this will be a success. :laugh:

I have pics but the image host I have been using does not seem to be working. I will check again later and if that doesn't work find another image host.
In the words of a great monster "Me like cookies!"- Cookie Monster

<sigh> it was so much easier when you could just beat your kids into submission!

Other than keeping the heat out of your house i guess i don't see a lot of value to baking cookies on a grill. are they on there long enough to pick up any flavor? i have make some crisps & cobblers on my pbc that turned out pretty good. that said, i watched an interesting Symon's Suppers where michael symon made some HUGE chocolate chip cookies on the grill that looked awesome. i may have to rethink this.

I baked some on my Pitboss copperhead 5 and on my Shirley. They were both running at 350*, so there was barely any smoke flavor. Either way it got me out of the house lol.

Back