THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Bride decided she's going to make her banana blueberry pie. She had blueberries but needed most everything else down to the graham crackers for a crust, and bananas and whipped cream. So off to the store I go. First Stop Yellow Tag bin. 4 monster beef short ribs and a really nice looking beef chuck jumped into the cart. Both packages for $16. Have them on the drum catching mesquite smoke for 4-5 hours. Then I'm going to get the Crock-Pot, pour in a beer and a can of chipotle in adobo, or adobo salsa TBD. Overnight at 190-200.

Oh, the bad part. Had to put my bike in the bike hospital and need some sort of cassette part derailleur thingy attachment and may be without my Trek for 3 weeks. Well let's go new tires tubes, full tuneup, and detail too- while you have it. I've not been without a bike for three weeks since before I was two years old. I have an AirDyne I use in winter. Sucks peddling nowhere.

I'll survive. Going to hit pawn shops for a beater till Trek is released from surgery.IMG_20240515_181841.jpgIMG_20240515_175205~2.jpg

Good luck on the bicycle search. I would look towards the Pink Bike forum personally. I scored a basically new Surly there for a steal. Not the best for impulse buys though.

Thats all it takes to get used to not exercising. Before you know it your eating the hard stuff and an addict. Then your in the hospital with the beetus.

I would have gotten the stuff for pie, but completely understand the distraction of the other stuff, provided a list was provided, and I didn't forget it

Living the live Adams!

Bbq Barbecue GIF by VICE WORLD OF SPORTS

Why no riding in winter? It's Texas.

-D

As the saying goes,
Texas Panhandle, nothing between us and the North Pole except a barbed wire fence--and it's down.

Fun fact, as the crow flies I live closer to Five other state's capitol cities than I do Austin, Texas's capitol.

Big state. My tent sits at about 3500 feet above sea level. Shortest route my driveway to Austin Texas is about 520 road miles. Texas was actually a sovereign nation when it joined these United States. There is a clause whereby Texas could divide itself into Five different states. It gets brought up on occasion.

Back to cooking. Brisket is too damn high again. 65-90 each common prices right now in grocery stores. Sam's $4-5# but they've been humongous . In the meantime I've been cooking beef cheek, beef ribs, to a lesser degree chuck, from YT Bin.
FB_IMG_1715738208078.jpgIMG_20240515_173338~2.jpg

Last edited:
You do get some great finds at your YT Bins. Will be good eats when cooked. that pie sounds really good too- is that on the Bali diet
Sorry about your bike. Hope it heals fully and quickly

Back