THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whitelightnin92

Knows what a fatty is.
So I've been feeling in a bit of a bbq rut as of late. Pulled pork and ribs are awesome but I miss the wow factor of trying something new. I've seen bacon wrapped smokies on here before so i decided to try them the other night. They turned out really well and were a big hit at a football party we went to. I really liked them but they were still missing something. I decided i wanted to try to sauce them up like burnt ends. First i wrapped the little smokies and seasoned them with simply marvelous season all. Then I smoked them for about 90 mins. When the bacon was crispy i put them in an aluminum pan and covered then with Blues Hog and forgot about them for a little over 2 hours. I didn't take any decenct pics because I wasn't sure how the.would turn out. THEY WERE AMAZING!!! Only thing i would change is maybe seasoning them with some death dust for an extra kick. Sorry for the lame cell phone pic.
vyjy8ype.jpg

Simple and great for parties and I like the idea of a little death dust. Needed something new to serve. thanks

I keep forgetting to make some of those.. They look REALLY tasty!

Back