THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
I just want to start out by saying... I truly believe bacon is God's gift to man... :pray: Thank you Lord!

Since my little man was born 5 weeks ago it seems it takes less convincing to smoke up a "little" food and take a stogie up to the roof to "Celebrate". Was thinking what to cook today and I remembered that hunting season (dove) is coming up again and I had some birds from last year in the freezer to "get rid of". I usually just season them up and cook them whole but I wanted to do something a bit different this time around. So I thought I'd de-bone off the breast and the leg and season it up then... wrap it in BACON! :shocked::shocked: Think I had a mindgasm at that point... anyways, so I called up my bredrin and told him to come on over... we having a smoke up, and at that point there was no turning back... The night just got better from there! This is what ensued:

Got the birds out the freezer and started breaking them down:

90c20bc6.jpg

39815792.jpg

9d2e3a73.jpg

71e8a86b.jpg

b36586d8.jpg

08fefee2.jpg

and the 2 "fillets"
577a41c7.jpg

Did up a marinade of premium soy, hoisin, oyster sauce, scotch bonnet, garlic, rosemary, marjoram, thyme, my beef rub and some smoked paprika.

d362d9d8.jpg

Mixed the birds and marinade and let sit for about 4 hours:
69de18c9.jpg

4a02a603.jpg

Then wrapped those suckers!
49ffd686.jpg

1bc2131f.jpg

e38b497b.jpg

For an appetizer we I grilled up some jerked lamb sausage I get from time to time:
0817617e.jpg

1aa53463.jpg

Oh yeah... did some poppers too! :thumb::heh:
0b1c22c4.jpg

And they all went on with some Lychee & guava for smoke, came off and were DEVOURED!
7783e223.jpg

f1949d35.jpg

bca7869c.jpg

62daeb11.jpg

Done:
43d276f4.jpg

dd8b0623.jpg

3a5086a2.jpg

63447f16.jpg

The hangout:
18ea176e.jpg

SOOO FARKIN GOOD!!
a5b96500.jpg

Couldn't eat anymore... This was as far as we got. We were stuffed, happy & loving it! Awesome night!
4b824561.jpg

I have ABSOLUTE no idea why I haven't done this before! I mean... It's not "Rocket SURGERY!!!" :crazy::heh::heh:

Goodnight Brethren! I'm about to go to sleep and crash into bliss!
Cheers! :thumb::heh:

Looks like some great food! I love bacon as well... it goes well with a lot of stuff...

I'm planning to come to Jamaica in December... Montego Bay area... Any good local cuisine that area?

Oh my God I just drooled on my shirt !!!!! Two of my favorate finger foods !! Its funny I tell my wife you could wrap a dog turd in bacon and people would eat it, guess I,m not the only one LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks very good, That's how I always cook my dove only I soak mine in a Jack Daniels marinade and I take the skin off when we clean them at the house. in a month and a few days it will be dove season again

Yep those dove look good. I only save the breast (lazy) Takes me about a case of 12ga. shells to get my limit these days. I think I was once a good shot... I think. Anyway that looks like a great feast. I really like the looks of that sausage.

Looks like some great food! I love bacon as well... it goes well with a lot of stuff...

I'm planning to come to Jamaica in December... Montego Bay area... Any good local cuisine that area?

Thanks JM, I don't stay in Mobay too often... You staying in a hotel or villa? I can check on food places, have a couple friends down that side... If you want good local food (not necessarily bbq) off the top of my head there's a place called Pelicans (make sure to order the chocolate malt shake! :shocked::becky:) I'll try remember to ask about it and I'll shoot you a PM. :thumb:

looks very good, That's how I always cook my dove only I soak mine in a Jack Daniels marinade and I take the skin off when we clean them at the house. in a month and a few days it will be dove season again

Thanks brother! I've always bbq'd them whole or cook them down on the stove... just short of a stew. What do you season your's with after the JD soak? I had no clue there was dove season in KS... I'm a Jayhawk... :wink::thumb:

Yep those dove look good. I only save the breast (lazy) Takes me about a case of 12ga. shells to get my limit these days. I think I was once a good shot... I think. Anyway that looks like a great feast. I really like the looks of that sausage.

Thanks Black Dog, What's the limit there... & what kinda dove you shooting? Our limits are pretty tight... 3 shoots a weekend, 20 birds a shoot, 6 weekends a season. Our season starts next month as well. :becky:

Cheers

Back