THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horns,
I just made some up. Tried some on buttered toast. wooo doggies is that stuff ever GOOD! I can see lots of uses! Next time, i'll prolly cut back on cayenne a bit but overall, you can't beat the flavors that hit ya with this stuff.

Attachments

• baconjam03.jpg
    baconjam03.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 106
Horns,
I just made some up. Tried some on buttered toast. wooo doggies is that stuff ever GOOD! I can see lots of uses! Next time, i'll prolly cut back on cayenne a bit but overall,

The cayenne does have a bit of a bite. A tsp should be decent for the masses yet I could see cutting it back to 1/2 tsp.

you can't beat the flavors that hit ya with this stuff.

Nope and what you can use it on is endless...

Somebody try it on a Krispy Kreme donut! That looks awesome.

Too late, looks like a place in Houston has a Shipley's glazed donut as a hamburger bun, then they put cheddar and provolone cheese burger, sauteed onion, fried egg and bacon jam.

5460794091_e290402ba8_b.jpg

I had it on biscuits for breakfast....mmmm..hit the spot!

Attachments

• baconjam04.jpg
    baconjam04.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 87
Looks Sooooooo good!! I'm adding this to my to-do list too. Thanks for the recipe!! :thumb:

I made some today and it turned out great! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Makes about 16 ounces or 2 cups using the above recipe.
There are variations of this recipe online. I'm going to increase the onion amount next time.

Note: After frying the bacon sit it on a paper towel to soak up some of the grease. Save 1 tbsp of the bacon fat to cook the onions and garlic, then add the cooked bacon to the cooked onion and garlic mixture.

I'll going to make a breakfast fatty with some bacon jam on the inside :clap2:
Thanks for the recipe!!

411_DSC01625_1.jpg

411_DSC01634_1.jpg

411_DSC01630_1.jpg

Back