THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sure they are in my guitar factory in San luis obispo Ill snap some shots after the namm show.

Great! You own a guitar factory? Wow! Very cool!!!

And you still play?

Guess I shouldn't presume, as I really don't know you, and only thought you might be older based on a comment you made about BBQ Pitmasters... something like "they pushed the younger guy to the forefront" or, words to that effect.

You're a very interesting person, and it seems the shows producers missed the boat, IMO. They should have featured you.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing your pics. Music was a big part of my life as a younger man, but always feast or famine.

That all looks beautiful. If you ever need to make room in your office by removing another chubby or a traeger or a BGE or even a $300 umbella, I can be by in about 30 minutes to help you clear it out. :thumb:

No others cookers in my office, but anytime you want to hit the Frederick meat markets, or visit Volt or something, you've got a standing invitation to lunch, or lunch afterward, on me. Just PM me. Volt, can be hard to get into, I'm told, but would love to lunch there sometime.

Great! You own a guitar factory? Wow! Very cool!!!

And you still play?

Guess I shouldn't presume, as I really don't know you, and only thought you might be older based on a comment you made about BBQ Pitmasters... something like "they pushed the younger guy to the forefront" or, words to that effect.

You're a very interesting person, and it seems the shows producers missed the boat, IMO. They should have featured you.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing your pics. Music was a big part of my life as a younger man, but always feast or famine.

I make Music Man guitars and have a string company called Ernie Ball

I make Music Man guitars and have a string company called Ernie Ball

My son says he likes your Albert Lee model, and the Stingray single hum bass (sorry to say I didn't know either model, but I'm getting old).

First time he's been intrigued about the Brethren: he usually calls the Brethren "the cult Bill belongs to."

Boy, did Pitmasters ever drop the ball (no pun intended).

I just found this thread. Nice looking smoker there, btcg! Congrats!

And, it's great to find our that Big Poppa owns Ernie Ball and Music Man. I have always admired MM amps and have used EB strings for over 30 years.

Awesome thread!

I just found this thread. Nice looking smoker there, btcg! Congrats!

And, it's great to find our that Big Poppa owns Ernie Ball and Music Man. I have always admired MM amps and have used EB strings for over 30 years.

Awesome thread!

I have a MM bass guitar.

Big Poppa not only sells guitars and strings... he's one of the most talented smokers I've ever met.
Check out his site sometime...it's my home away from home. lol :becky:

Big Poppa not only sells guitars and strings... he's one of the most talented smokers I've ever met.
Check out his site sometime...it's my home away from home. lol :becky:

I have no doubt at all about that. His other works are top notch, too.

Having seen the lengths you go to in your projects, I am not ashamed to show you the images of a part of my office (you should see the other side). Like the two of you, when I take on a job, I give it my all.

Wish I could get my son to buy into this. I've tried to impart some advice I was once given:

"If you're doing a job, even a bad one you've been stuck with, you might as well make a good job of it."

Nope. Instead, he (and his bandmates) are the "just get it done and don't worry about quality" types.

Irks me to no end.

Jeanie is the best and too kind. if your son is playing for personal joy and bonding let him go....if he and his pals have dreams of making it every single detail is important. We have a site called battle of the bands that has 15,000 bands each year and about 5 have made it.

Jeanie is the best and too kind. if your son is playing for personal joy and bonding let him go....if he and his pals have dreams of making it every single detail is important. We have a site called battle of the bands that has 15,000 bands each year and about 5 have made it.

It's John, right?

It's not just that they refuse to learn even the simplest music theory, or the chord clock, or other people's music.

They take the same tact when it comes to their school work, or cleaning up (I built them a studio in our basement on the opposite side of mine) after they practice, or their rooms, etc.

There will come a time when they'll want to get married and settle down and have families of their own, and very few women put up with men who are such slobs. I kid you not... they're like modern day Beaver Cleavers.

great you are in Columbus...I have a good friend that I will be playing with on Saturday named Molly Paukin....She is really good Sorry for the hijack...more chubby pics!

Back