THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whitewookie

is one Smokin' Farker
First time try with Baby Backs... Done a ton of Spare ribs, but never did baby backs... Not gonna be the last time.

I rubbed them with my homemade rub about 3 hrs. before cooking, Then I coated them with mustard about 1/2 hr. before.

Cooked at ~275-300 deg. For about 3 1/2 hrs. indirect.

Sauced for the last half hour with an impromptu concoction consisting of 1 cup SBR Hot - N - Spicy, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 1/4 cup Yukon Jack Jack Apple whiskey.

Turned out pretty good... maybe just a tad overdone, but very flavorful.

I think next time I will stack the slabs for like I do my spare ribs for part of the time...

VR,
Harold

Those look very tasty!

I did baby backs once but wasn't overly impressed especially since they cost more than spares. I may have done something wrong but spares just seemed to taste better and we're juicier. ...

Those look very tasty!

I did baby backs once but wasn't overly impressed especially since they cost more than spares. I may have done something wrong but spares just seemed to taste better and we're juicier. ...

I used to cook baby backs a lot, but sometimes they're very lean and just don't turn out the way I would like no matter what I do with them. I've pretty much went back to spares exclusively.

Those look very tasty!

Spares have more fat, which is where the flavor lies. I think that they are more forgiving in terms of timing.
Congratulations. Your BB's look a lot better than any I've ever cooked.

Back