THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S

SP

I was at Ambrosi Bros today, (Cutlery shop in KC) getting knives sharpened and asked if they had a large slicer for bbq. One of the guy showed me one, a nice 12"er. I said anything bigger. He pulled out this one 23" over all and 18" blade. He said it was a good knife and it was $27. I'll take it. Its a Giesser. I had to get 2 blade cover to protect it, because there is know way it going in my knife bag.
IMG_0075.jpg

I have to ask why do you need such a big knife? What are you cutting that is that big, Elephant?

I wanted something larger that a 12 to make long slices in brisket. Sometimes I have had to cut with short sawing motions and it sometimes show on the meat. If it works great, If not its a fun knife for show. I just short of a scotich claymore.

I had a friend who owned a club in NY and I was at the door with security one night and I guy had a knife/sword even bigger than that (I think the blade was about 36") that he had hidden down his back trying to sneak it in to a hip hop show. Well, anyway let me know how it works for you. Also I have always found the hollow edge serrated knives tend not to catch the meat as much (especially with delicate meats) but you don't usually see them over 12". I am looking for a couple for XMas if I find one I will let you know.

It does give me great reach. Instead of take off the fingers of those who reach for Q before it its served, I can now get them at the shoulder.

Good buy.
I love knives. I have a couple hundred of them from custom, swords, throwing, etc. They are ALL over my Harely Shop.
Send me one of those, now!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoke On!!!!!!

They have been redoing the place. Started carring Viking and some other new stuff, along with the large selection of knives.

Back