Getting a new brisket slicing knife.

I currently have the inexpensive 12” Dexter Russel knife that Arron Franklin uses.

It has become a glorified Ginsu knife in my house and gets used for other stuff.

Anyone here use a Victorinox slicer knife With a granton edge blade?

I’m looking at either the 12” or the 14” one. I may splurge and get the rosewood handle with a three rivet tang. The plastic handle version has a partial tang but is probably fine.

What knife do your prefer to slice briskets?

Thanks.

I just bought a Victorinox and used if for the first time on a brisket this weekend... I was very happy with it. In fact, someone watching me slice my brisket commented on how well the knife was doing... I am pleased with it so far but time will tell....

Attachments

• slice with new knife.jpg
    slice with new knife.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 136
I just bought a Victorinox and used if for the first time on a brisket this weekend... I was very happy with it. In fact, someone watching me slice my brisket commented on how well the knife was doing... I am pleased with it so far but time will tell....

That looks like a juicy brisket.

I recommend to anyone who asks about knives or knife sets to check out Ergo Chef. It is a small, family run business and the owners, the Staib brothers, couldn't be nicer folks. Knives are high quality. They designed the handle for Ergonomic fit, hence the name Ergo Chef. I do not own the slicer listed below, but think I will order it for myself as a Christmas gift.

https://ergochef.com/product/prodigy-12-slicer-knife/

Thanks,

Robert

Hi, just here to recommend 2 spanish brands.

3 Claveles
Arcos

They have the same quality as victorinox, but better prices.

The best thing I have to slicing is a 3 claveles "jamonero" knife.
(The blade is flexible, but Jamoneros are that way)
cuchillo-3-claveles-1113.jpg

If you see it where you are, give it a try.

By the way, the best thing to do is learn how to sharp them right.

For all uses I´ve got a damascus brandless knife (aliexpress) of about 20cm blade. ->great!

And a set of useless knifes I bought time ago. (bad steel, bad forms, bad sharpening,... )

Last edited:
Back