THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When it comes to grills and accessories, Weber has been the reason I'm no longer brand loyal.

I look for products not only made in USA, but source their materials in the USA too.

I as a veteran have always looked for the products made in USA to support our own economy. I don't mind paying more if the quality is there, but that is not always the case.

So there is a balance of where it was made, quality of the item, and functionality.

I don't agree with brand loyalty per-say, but if a brand has great quality, I always make it my first choice to review.

I have a Weber charcoal grill (over 10 years), you can't beat it for the functionality and quality.

I own a Humphrey's smoker built in Maine, great quality and craftsmanship. I am sure it will outlive me.

I, too, use Oakridge rubs and spices, not because it is a USA product, but because of the high quality and the lower salt and sugar contents. I also use Oakridge because Mike has directly supported our troops in harms way when called upon to assist, something others won't do.

In the end we buy what be individually perceive to be the best product at an acceptable price.

Not so much brand loyal, as just try to stay away from crappy...such as paying attention to reviews on here for "bad" charcoal. But I'm not paying big $ just for a name, and that's usually even if the product is pretty great, as in some of the high $ charcoals.

Now when it comes to some food items, I am super brand loyal...Heinz ketchup, Dukes mayo, Wishbone 1000 island, Hidden Valley Ranch, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire etc...

I as a veteran have always looked for the products made in USA to support our own economy. I don't mind paying more if the quality is there, but that is not always the case.

I, too, use Oakridge rubs and spices, not because it is a USA product, but because of the high quality and the lower salt and sugar contents. I also use Oakridge because Mike has directly supported our troops in harms way when called upon to assist, something others won't do.

Likewise on Oakridge. Started using it because of the low sodium content and the reviews of fellow brethren. For last two years Mike has donated rubs for silent auction items for the foundation I'm a board member of. A class act for sure.
http://abigailekellerfoundation.org

I also use some of John's stuff at Naturiffic of course to support a brethren.

I simply look for quatlity and value (hopefully made in US) Just like tools. I am not going to buy a Snap On specialty tool if I am only going to use it once. That would be a harbour freight special. If a brand makes me happy sure that will be one of my first considerations

No, but there are brands I trust more than others. Weber, PK, Broil King, etc. That's just a matter of doing your homework.

Mostly Weber for me, including there accessories. Everything I have by them is well built. An no, I don’t have a Smokefire (not any interest in one).

That said I’d buy a Napoleon next time around to support a Canadian buisness.

I like weber quality and reliability, but I've seen (even if not owned) some comparable quality products

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

Hmmmm, yes and no. In 1968 my parents bought me a 1954 Ford F-100 Stepside with 3-on-the-tree and a 6 cylinder. I couldn't get a licence until 1971, so it was a ranch truck and farm road cruiser... over the next 54 years I've owned 18 more Ford Pickups, all big motors, standard transmissions and 4X4. That is 'brand loyalty'.

In the '80's I changed from Levis to Wrangler... and Tony Lama & Chuck Taylor to New Balance. I used to hate Miller.... now I drink their beer and own one of their welding machines (/s). I like Remington, Winchester, Colt and S&W, but I own some Glocks. I love shooting semi-automatic pistols, but I'm loyal to wheel guns... I carry one and they work every time.

But, when it comes to cookers I have loyalty to the brands I use, but I'm not loyal enough to only use one brand. I thrive on the versatility of cookers in my arsenal plus I have some goofy mods to every cooker I own.

I like the official Blackstone stuff. Even follow the Todd Toven guy on YouTube. I always go to the grill section at Walmart to see what new stuff is released.

Short answer, no. More and more I look for this symbol. Not always easy and I’m not 100% successful but I do try and it does influence my purchases

i halve 4 weber ketles don`t plan to buy any more they are now made in china buy american my still chain saws are made in america all three my shoes are made inUSA you halve to look but it is out there

Was a big Weber fan for years. I started to notice a few changes In The last few years that made me think that they were starting to slip in quality. When the Smokefire came out I was In total disbelief on how bad they messed that up.

Then I did a little research and found that the Weber family sold the majority share of the company to an ex Goldman Sacks banker, BDT Capitol, in 2011 so Weber isn’t the same.

I can’t say my next grill won’t be a Weber, but I won’t just buy one blindly expecting it to be the same quality as the old ones.

I used to hate Miller.... now I drink their beer and own one of their welding machines (/s)....

Not sure if the beer crafter and the welding machine manufacturer are the same people.... :tongue:
Seriously I hope not ! Just worried that someone, in the monday morning, can make confusion and bottle some rutilic sticks or fullfill a welding machine with some beer :mrgreen:

Back