Anyone seen this? The Rancher’s Reserve® Beef Cup

There arent anymore steaks left anyway....:becky:

That brings up another point. I signed up on the web site but I have no information on how to get the meat when i get to the designated store.

Is it just me? Has anyone else received any information?

Ron, call up and reserve a few. The one's that they put out are about 1/4" thick....

I really cant say too much... we have had discussion behind the scenes and i sure dont want to make anyone look bad.

General 9x9 clam shells. Turn-in is in 'discussion' with the committee.n in should be Sunday, so CBJ's can judge it. Time was in 'discussion' with the bbq committee. It's very political folks, so hopefully that gives you some indication...

Anyone have any questions can PM me. That includes questions on anything. Obviously with ot being my hometown, i want all angles to shine. Ive got recommendations or advice for any questions, so please ask.

Look forward to a fun weekend. Be easy on me in the bbq contest... :boxing:

This is what I recieved from the organizer, I applied for my steaks via KCBS site.
SIDE CONTESTS

RANCHERS RESERVE
This is going to be a very exciting contest this year. Rancher’s is looking for you to be as creative as you can be in preparing the top sirloin identified as the meat this year. What you prepare is up to you, it can range from a steak sandwich to a stew, to stroganoff. The key word is CREATIVE.

Specifics:
1) We will supply each participating team with a 9 x 9 clam shell. You may garnish if you wish, but KCBS garnish rules will apply as to how you decorate the box. Any garnish (onions, lettuce, etc. on a sandwich for example) used in the product to be eaten as part of the turn in is allowed and must be part of the product to be sampled and CANNOT be put on as a side.
2) One important rule is that the container must be able to be closed.
3) It will be a blind turn in with each participating team being assigned a number. Only the KCBS reps will know the numbering system
4) Turn In will be at 11:30AM on Sunday. Standard KCBS rules will apply. Turn In will be from 11:25AM to 11:35AM.
5) There will be tables of 6 judges and each table will receive up to 6 separate teams turn in. The number of tables will be determined by the number of participating teams.
6) Each team should supply sufficient pieces or tastes to accommodate the 6 judges and 1 table captain. KCBS rules will apply if there is not sufficient number of pieces or tastes to give each judge. It is your choice to either cut up one item cut into 6 pieces or turn in multiple items cut into bigger pieces.
7) Committee will supply forks and/or spoons if necessary.
8) KCBS judging rules for this turn in will be forthcoming & forwarded to you.
9) Creativity is the key word.
10) Winners will be announced at awards ceremony.

KCBS and Ranchers Reserve is sending out some additional criteria for this contest. As soon as we receive it will be forwarded to you.

Ron, call up and reserve a few. The one's that they put out are about 1/4" thick....

Well, I thought I had them reserved via the web site. If I call and ask for the meat department will they know what I am talking about?

!/4" thick?? really? That's going to be interesting.

Look forward to a fun weekend. Be easy on me in the bbq contest... :boxing:

We'll be as easy on you as you are on us :becky:

Well, I just called there and spoke with "Hank" (630) 512.0218 ext 7 and he has no idea what is going on just that he expects a bunch of people to stop by. so i reordered my qnty from him to have them ready

Those of you who entered, how did it go and what did you cook? Was it steaks you were sold at Safeway or the whole Top Sirloin Roast? We have a contest next month and nobody seems to know here. Thanks.

What everyone received varied greatly, and that was a big problem for a lot of teams. Thanks to the info that Bearcat posted above I called and had meat cut the way I wanted it waiting for me to pick up. Folks who didn't call ahead got whatever they had, and that ranged from large chunk to very thin slices.

In general, it wasn't very well organized at the Safeway side. No one at the store knew anything until Bearcat and I called. Even on Friday morning the butcher didn't even have a list of teams. It arrived via fax as we were checking out and he ran up front to catch us so we could verify that it looked right.

What everyone received varied greatly, and that was a big problem for a lot of teams. Thanks to the info that Bearcat posted above I called and had meat cut the way I wanted it waiting for me to pick up. Folks who didn't call ahead got whatever they had, and that ranged from large chunk to very thin slices.

In general, it wasn't very well organized at the Safeway side. No one at the store knew anything until Bearcat and I called. Even on Friday morning the butcher didn't even have a list of teams. It arrived via fax as we were checking out and he ran up front to catch us so we could verify that it looked right.

Te RR event at Louisa VA this year had the same issues. The butchers at the store had no idea what they were to do and we ended up buying a whole 9lb roast.

I judged the RR at the Bedford TX comp. I know that really good teams entered, but all of the entries were way tough. I seriously doubt that all the teams failed to cook it right, I suspect that the meat provided by Safeway was less than optimal.

I judged the RR at the Bedford TX comp. I know that really good teams entered, but all of the entries were way tough. I seriously doubt that all the teams failed to cook it right, I suspect that the meat provided by Safeway was less than optimal.

I may have to enter if Bedford does it again next year. Only like 7 teams cooked, and payout was really good.

Back