THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We cooked it at BBQ, Blues & Brews on the Bay...placed pretty well too! :becky: Here are the rules...pretty simple actually... http://www.kcbs.us/rancherspoints.php?id=3

Place Team Name Points
1 Wine Country "Q" 35
2 Legends of NW BBQ 25
3 Bradshaw's Kitchen 15
4 Ponderosa bbq 5
5 Rogue Caveman Q 5
6 Big Bite BBQ 5
7 Fat Dad's Barbeque 5
8 BADBONES BBQ 5
9 Da Fat Boyz BBQ 5
10 Piggy D's BBQ 5

The whole thing is that Ranchers Reserve beef has to be the highlighted protein. It's in a turn in box. There's got to be 6 distinct portions. Garnish, if used, must be the legal KCBS stuff. So, you could turn in 6 RR stuffed mushroom caps, but you can't garnish with mushroom roses.

We're out. I went to 3 Safeways today. The meat guy at the first one insisted that I had to buy the whole sub primal ($90:twitch:) to participate, didn't have any cut down in the case and refused to cut a sub primal down for me. The second one had no Rancher's Reserve sirloin that wasn't ground, and the RR sirloin at the third was green (really, green)

I think the real contest with RR is finding a farkin' Sirloin at a Safeway. I screwed up and bought a great Top Round the other day and Mike pointed out at dinner tonight that I needed a sirloin. I made a quick dash to Safeway and all they had was ground. Looks like no RR for me!

Back