THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smknwhlswife said:
Oh come on Jeff! We've done 3 in row with 2 kids, you can handle it with Taylor. :wink: Marshalltown is a great time and very family friendly.

Yeah and you guys have a camper and an EZ Up! LOL! That makes things significantly easier. :lol:

lunchlady said:
I am posting this here in case anyone else wanted to know dates....

and I meant to say we were judging Snowshoe....we can't organize AND compete...

(some of these dates are still tentative, others I took right off the event's websites or KCBS)

Snowshoe MA March 11th or 24th
Grillin' On The Bay, NY (judge probably) March 31
Pork In The Park , MD April 20-22
Memphis In May May 17-19
Peter's Pond MA June usually Father's Day-ish
Merrimac, NH June 9,10th ?? I am guessing
Lake Placid June 29 -July 1
Harpoon July (usually the last wknd)
Maine no info yet August
New Holland, PA August 24 & 25th
Lowell, MA September around the 9th?
Falmouth, MA or Oinktoberfest, NY first wknd of Oct?
American Royal!! 2nd wknd? October

michelle

Your gonna love New Holland. But you better bring your 'A Game', Team Agave is going for the Threepete !!!

There is going to be a contest in Columbia. MO next year around Sept 7/8. It is the 150th anniversary for Boone County National Bank and they are having a Roots, Blues and BBQ festival. Hopefully it will be a huge annual event. I know they are looking at having some national Blues bands/artists to perform, so maybe we won't have to have the late night 6-part harmony singing...hahaha

ronnyballgame said:
There is going to be a contest in Columbia. MO next year around Sept 7/8. It is the 150th anniversary for Boone County National Bank and they are having a Roots, Blues and BBQ festival. Hopefully it will be a huge annual event. I know they are looking at having some national Blues bands/artists to perform, so maybe we won't have to have the late night 6-part harmony singing...hahaha

That sounds like the same date as Bass Pro unless they move theirs.

We are looking forward to entering at least 4 as of now.
Lake Placid
Hudson Valley are high on the list.
Harpoon is also right up there.
Wanted to do one in the City, any suggestions?
OK so where can I find a list of when and where for here in the Northeast? Do you just go by this years calender and use the same weekend next year?
thanks
Sean

as of now i'm planning to do salisbury md, danville va, stevensville md, bel air md, and new holland pa. i might add one in october if i get invited. :biggrin:

Sean - keep on eye on the New England BBQ Society's calendar for events in the North East. Also, theres the Mid-Atlantic BBQ Society, but their website is still being developed.

As for one in the city, do you know about Grillin on the Bay? It's a one day NEBS sanctioned Grilling event held on March 31st, 2007 in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn to benefit the St. Mark Sports Association.

Last year was the inaugural season with many brethren participating. Next year's event looks even better and hopefully much bigger. We are already in negotiations with a few companies to help pump up the prize pool.

(Sorry folks it's in my blood now. I can't help it)

Q Haven will be at Grilling on the Bay. As transplanted NY'ers we decided some time ago that we would be going in 07....looking forward to it as a great start to the new season next year!

"Last year was the inaugural season with many brethren participating. Next year's event looks even better and hopefully much bigger. We are already in negotiations with a few companies to help pump up the prize pool.

(Sorry folks it's in my blood now. I can't help it)"__________________

Go for it!!!!

2006 is not anywhere close to over here.
Still pit bitchen at the Best of the Best in Douglas and competeting at Plant City.

2007?
Well, I think (knock on wood) my RV is sold.
I am "negotiating" with the VA about some $$.
And, I just picked up the right Lotto Tickets :lol:

So, we will be bankrupt for 2007, or doing a lot of events :lol:

Hell, gotta survive 2006 first :redface:

TIM

This is my Team for KickAssBBQ for 2007.
IMG_1526.JPG

We all know BBQ, and hopefully we won't be too drunk all the time to compete at least once next year.
Now ain't that a nice looking bunch of guys?
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!

Muzzlebrake said:
OK so where can I find a list of when and where for here in the Northeast?
thanks
Sean

Hi Sean,
NEBS is formulating the 2007 calendar as we speak. As already posted, keep yer eyes on www.nebs.org. It will be on there as soon as we can get it done. It is looking like there are somewhere around 18 contests though....running from early March until October. June, for example, looks like it will have a contest every dang weekend, sometimes two ~ in two different places on the same weekend... Should be fun!

lunchlady

We have some many you couldn't possible do them all. We've got 5 or 6 for sures and we will change a few others just to get to travel to some new places.

It's a guess at this point for Sean and I... but here are the most likely potentials for us.. I'd like to do five if possible.

March - Grilling on the Bay
May - BBQ on the River (Bristol,PA)
July - Guitarbeque
July - Grill Kings (if the month remains the same)
Aug - Hudson Valley Ribfest
Aug - New Holland Summerfest

A few others in NJ, PA or MA would be second choices but it all depends on how our schedules look as we get closer... The back to back contests of Hudson Valley and New Holland were really tough, but it was fun and I want to do those again, but do not think I would do a second back to back week of Guitarbeque and Grill Kings if it unfolds that way again in 2007 even if they are closer.

Vin - don't forget to look into New England. NEBS puts on some great events and the folks up there need a NY whipping. Just ask Rich Decker. :twisted:

I think it is going to be a big challenge for teams and organizers next season...it appears there will be a LOT of contests to choose from. I suppose it will come down to loyalty/fun or glory vs $$$ on an individual contest by contest basis...[I know that I will have to rethink a few things...
nancee

quote=BrooklynQ]Vin - don't forget to look into New England. NEBS puts on some great events and the folks up there need a NY whipping. Just ask Rich Decker. :twisted:[/quote]

Thinkin about heading west to the Kiwanis Club of Durango's Smokin' 4th BBQ Shootout 07/03 - 07/04 in Durango, CO

Back