THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Currently looking at...

March: Grillin on the Bay, Brooklyn, NY
May: Memphis in May (lending a hand, team TBD)
June10ish: Rock N Ribfest, Nashua, NH
July 6: GuitarBQue, Asbury Park, NJ
July 15ish: GrillKings, Elmont NY
Aug 18/25: Either Hudson Valley or New Holland, PA

And Poduck in Hartford, CT if it happens?

SmokeInDaEye said:
And Poduck in Hartford, CT if it happens?

I don't think that contest will ever happen again. Also last year New Holland was the North East's largest event with over 72 teams. It was also one of the best run events, even with the large team turnout (I heard that there were zero noshows). The people who ran it left charcoal, lump and wood out for us if we needed it on Friday night. You just settled up on Saturday if you took any. Hows that for trust. New Holland is the best contest we cooked in last year. We did not cook at New Paltz so we can't comment about it but we highly recommend New Holland. Mel does a great job!

Oh Boy did I sleep through new years again??

I just want to finish 2006 in one piece.. Looks like 2007 is
going to be real busy.. Hey M. don't forget we want to do all
the NY state champingships.. So have to add New Platz and maybe
even the Hot one grill kings??? what a way to go, right after brisket
turn in at the Jack... Hee Hee

Sully

Oh boy I died and went to heaven.. No stupid your in Lynchburg, Enjoy
it not everybody makes it to Lynchburg..

lunchlady said:
we've got things in the works too... I don't think it's EVER too early to start planning. People give me crap about it all the time. This is it so far...

Snowshoe MA March
Grillin' On The Bay, NY (judge probably) March
Pork In The Park , MD April
Memphis In May May
Peter's Pond MA June
Merrimac, NH June
Lake Placid July
Harpoon July
Maine? August
New Holland, PA August
Lowell, MA September
Falmouth, MA or Oinktoberfest, NY first wknd of Oct
American Royal!! KC baby~! October (we just qualified for that one)

Whoa...that is twelve already! And there is at least one extra category (if not FOUR) at every dang one of them. Should be fun. I'll need a BIG vacation (to Lynchburg...heheh) after all that. That is all for now. There are a coupla more I am contemplating (Canada, some mid-Atlantic) we shall see what we get back in taxes. That is what funds lunchmeat usually.

NEBS is determining a 2007 schedule, as we speak. More to come on that later...

lunchlady

Solidkick said:
From the midwest northward...we forget you Florida teams are just getting things fired up! :biggrin:

Actually, we're winding up our season, too...December 8-9 at Starke. The new season for FBA starts Jan 5-6 at Sebring. Our "off season" is July and August - why? we aren't sure. Probably too damned hot...so we travel "out of state" during that time!!:-D

You got da bug bad

lunchlady said:
we've got things in the works too... I don't think it's EVER too early to start planning. People give me crap about it all the time. This is it so far...

Snowshoe MA March
Grillin' On The Bay, NY (judge probably) March
Pork In The Park , MD April
Memphis In May May
Peter's Pond MA June
Merrimac, NH June
Lake Placid July
Harpoon July
Maine? August
New Holland, PA August
Lowell, MA September
Falmouth, MA or Oinktoberfest, NY first wknd of Oct
American Royal!! KC baby~! October (we just qualified for that one)

Whoa...that is twelve already! And there is at least one extra category (if not FOUR) at every dang one of them. Should be fun. I'll need a BIG vacation (to Lynchburg...heheh) after all that. That is all for now. There are a coupla more I am contemplating (Canada, some mid-Atlantic) we shall see what we get back in taxes. That is what funds lunchmeat usually.

NEBS is determining a 2007 schedule, as we speak. More to come on that later...

lunchlady

Sawdustguy said:
I don't think that contest will ever happen again. Also last year New Holland was the North East's largest event with over 72 teams. It was also one of the best run events, even with the large team turnout (I heard that there were zero noshows). The people who ran it left charcoal, lump and wood out for us if we needed it on Friday night. You just settled up on Saturday if you took any. Hows that for trust. New Holland is the best contest we cooked in last year. We did not cook at New Paltz so we can't comment about it but we highly recommend New Holland. Mel does a great job!

Yes, I wish they weren't back-to-back. It's a too much time away from home to do both. I really enjoyed New Paltz, minus flies and rain, but New Holland sounded amazing. I got a long cold winter to mull it over while our brothers down South are still bringing in the victories.

Jeff_in_KC said:
I took a few minutes this morning and jotted down some potential contests for 2007 keeping in mind I'll probably need to go from eleven to eight contests due to a once-in-a-lifetime nearly free trip to Hawaii in March. Here's what I'm considering:

April 13-14: Osage City, KS
May 11-12: Platte City, MO (the moved this one from early June)
May 25-26: Great American BBQ - Kansas city, KS
June 15-16: Sedalia, MO
June 29-30: Cameron, MO (GREAT payouts!)
Aug. 3-4: Laurie, MO (shut your pie, Bob! :lol: )
Sept 7-8: Blue Springs, MO
Oct 12-13: DeSoto, KS or Columbia, MO (will decide later)

Might squeeze in another one if I can find an opportunity to not take Friday off and have someone set up for me.

Jeff did I miss Grand Rapids Michigan on the above list? WTF???????

Mike

BrooklynQ said:
Don't forget the Snowshoe in MA. It's usually held in March. It's not that far away -- Steve, Vinny and I droive there and back in the same day. And I'd like to see New Yorker kick some New England ass. :twisted:

I wonder if they'll let me judge again next year? :shock:

You can judge Snowshoe if I can judge GOTB again... deal? I also drove there and back in one day. Pretty easy.

Oh wait...I think I heard...didn't a New England team just whoop A** at a NEW YORK state championship?... hee hee . All in good fun gentlemen, all in good fun.
I believe NY is in New England these days....and glad to have ya.

Good smack talkin' is truly appreciated... :wink: ...but, as Rich said...
BRING IT ON!!!

lunchlady

You got da bug bad...

thats fer sure.... I got it trying to catch y'all...

along with a bad case of CWS heheh (see this months Bullsheet for explanation). That will start the day after we get home from BOTB.

lunchlady

Hey M

I thought we were all judging the Snowshoe again next year??
I am going to try real hard next year to judge a KCBS contest..
Do you have any dates for the contests on your list yet. So I
can get my work schedule.. They really think work is more important
then BBQ.. later

Sully

Sully

I am posting this here in case anyone else wanted to know dates....

and I meant to say we were judging Snowshoe....we can't organize AND compete...

(some of these dates are still tentative, others I took right off the event's websites or KCBS)

Snowshoe MA March 11th or 24th
Grillin' On The Bay, NY (judge probably) March 31
Pork In The Park , MD April 20-22
Memphis In May May 17-19
Peter's Pond MA June usually Father's Day-ish
Merrimac, NH June 9,10th ?? I am guessing
Lake Placid June 29 -July 1
Harpoon July (usually the last wknd)
Maine no info yet August
New Holland, PA August 24 & 25th
Lowell, MA September around the 9th?
Falmouth, MA or Oinktoberfest, NY first wknd of Oct?
American Royal!! 2nd wknd? October

michelle

Jeff_in_KC said:
Andy, we're OUT for Marshalltown. It is the week after Sedalia and the week before Cameron. We aren't going to do three weeks in a row.!

Oh come on Jeff! We've done 3 in row with 2 kids, you can handle it with Taylor. :wink: Marshalltown is a great time and very family friendly.

Back