THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Bought a 8 pound cured ham from Aldi (butt portion). I plan on smoking it again on Sunday. Does anyone have a sweet rub that they can share. I don't know if I should add a glaze to the mix or just stick with a rub. I watched a video on youtube and a guy used mustard and some rub. Then he also added BBQ sauce at the end. (BBQ sauce on ham doesn't sound real good).

The ham is already fully cooked. I just need to add some smoke & flavor.
If you have any tips, let me know.

One of the simplest ways to get bang for your buck with a ham is to just coat with mustard and then rub with brown sugar or half & half with brown sugar & your regular pork rub.

If your ham is skin on you want to put it on the smoker plain. 1/2 way through the cook take it off the smoker, peel off the skin and cross hatch the fat with a sharp knife (not too deep though). Once you've done this coat it with the mustard and brown sugar and put it back on the smoker. I like this method for quick no fuss hams cuz the ham already has a lot of flavor and with the brown sugar you won't need to glaze later cuz the sugar caramelizes on the ham. Just my 2¢.

Cheers

Back